Cat Furniture for Chin Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalani.anela

I was just wondering, could you use cat furniture, like the towers and "mansions," for your chin's playtime? Just so that they're not just wandering around, maybe for entertainment? It seems like they could have fun jumping around the levels....

Thanks! xx

You can, but there are a few things you want to keep in mind. You want to make sure it's the short carpet or the non fluffy fabric covered ones, or replace the fabric covering with fleece, or better yet one that is homemade with non covered chin safe wood. You also will need to watch very closely to make sure they don't chew it if it is fabric. Also you want to make sure it's not one of the huge tall ones, any fall over about a foot can cause injury.
I know some people actually make and sell chinchilla play sets, like Simply Chintastic, or just make their own using boxes. I know those cardboard castles for cats or rabbits tend to be a hit and are safe, so long as the chin just chew it and doesn't eat it.

I have used them in the past, just watch for chewing on the carpet. Don't be surprised if they ignore it unless you modify it-add hidey houses to the levels will increase interest.

Back