Carrying and playing with Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchess2011

I have a question. Yesterday,my son was carrying the chin around like a baby...It seems like he didn't mind...he will lay on him and just chill. BUT now I think he's acting kinda weird. Like really overly docile. I don't know if the poor thing has PTSD or is just fine with sleeping on my son and relaxing...

He also wouldn't take a raisin from me...which is what actually freaked me out.

Any advice?

My one chin nighwish will nap on us so it's not unheard of I wouldent worry unless he isn't eating,drinking or pooping some chins are very docile like that but just keep an eye on him to make shur

any time your chin is acting out of the ordinary and is lethargic, a vet trip is imperative. if you don't know any exotic vets in your area, post where you are located so members here can help you find one.

ps - raisins are not safe treats for chins. too much sugar in them.

When i got my first chin, (and it was jsut one chin...) after a while he eventuly started laying down on me during play time and would go to sleep~ish. Or course now a days theirs plenty of other chins to keep him busy, so that doesnt happen anymore

The woman who gave me the Chin suggested raisins to train him.

He seems to be eating and drinking and is definately pooping.

Do you know if a chins room can be "too cold"?

Suggestion if you still want to go the treat route to train him, a Cheerio is healthier and can be broken into pieces.

Back