Buying Chin toys and accessories in MA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessla

Has anyone else in the MA area found it difficult to find high quality chinchilla supplies in the area? I've found some stuff at Petco and Petsmart, and other local pet stores. Usually I end up having to substitute other animal things for my chinchillas. I would love to hear of a good place to buy high quality stuff, such as blue cloud dust, and great chew toys for my chins! I don't want to have to pay the high shipping prices online. Any suggestions?

I live in northern Mass, so I could also check out places in southern NH.

Most people on here just ship. By the time you pay the pet store price, plus the crappy quality that you usually get, it's cheaper in the long run to pay shipping from someone who makes toys or sells wood on here.

You can also check out ebay. Type in "wood bird toy parts" and you get a buttload of hits. AZChins (user name on here) also sells wood products and toys, and keeps her prices down on shipping to actual prices, no handling. The money helps benefit the rescues she takes in.

We try and support each other in our little community when we can. :)

Ditto what Peggy said. Everyone on here is great on trying to keep shipping down. Most of them ship in flat rate boxes when possible and only charge actual shipping. I've ordered from several folks and have been thrilled with the quality of the items I've received!

I agree also. And it'd be hard to find blue cloud in any store locally. Perhaps if you live close to a breeder they'd be willing to sell you some blue cloud and pellets, but I'm not sure if there's any breeders close to you.

I go to Stateline Discount Pet supplies in Plaistow, NH (right over the border near Haverhill, MA)- but they have a limited selection and I only usually get shavings there since there's not much for chin stuff. Though saving on the basics gives me more money for shipping in the good stuff.

I would rather pay the shipping charges and get it from someone on here than support the big chains! Plus the customer service from all the members I have bought various stuff from is amazing. and if i can help someone who helps chins........even better!

I ditto all that, I also get alot of stuff from people in here... Never had a problem.. Plus you know it's safe!!!

Jean

Back