Breech baby, worn out mom...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank God, Nicole!! I'm so glad you found a vet that could help you right away...getting there today saved the little kit's life. :D YAY! :D

Whew...I was thinking about you all day.

Cold Hearted? Nooo...maybe just unable to find a vet ASAP? The chins always have problems with the vet is out of town...that's just a law of nature.

I've been following the thread all day. Glad to hear Finnie is doing well and you've got a lil girl out of it. Keep us updated with her and baby's progress.

Jessica

OH! That is awesome!. I am so glad for you and Finnie. And her little one. I can hardly believe one made it. What a special little girl she is. Glad they are doing well

Glad all is well...Sending healing thoughts to the mom and healthy, growing thoughts to the wee one!

Congratulations on the new one, and I'm glad it all worked out - GOOD JOB!!

Finnie is sleeping a lot. The vet called to check on her! I wish she lived closer.

She is munching on some hay right now, and has eaten a couple pellets. I'm warming up some milk for the baby, then will give Finnie some CC.

She loves her baby and keeps her close. She looks at me like what the heck happened! I fell asleep and next thing I know...

Oh im glad she and one baby are ok..:thumbsup:

Nicole, I'm just getting home and seeing this. I'm so glad that you were able to get her to a vet and have the surgery to save her and the little kit. I'm sorry about the other 2 that were lost.

Finnie will have a fine life living as a spoiled pet with your crew!!!

Finnie is drinking like crazy! The baby's tummy doesn't feel "full" but not empty either. I got a little bit of milk into her, but no too much. I didn't want to push it too much, so we'll see what she drinks in the morning. I haven't checked but it's possible that she's getting some from mom, she likes to sleep under mom's chin, I suppose it's furrier there since her belly is naked and probably smells funny! We'll be keeping an eye on them, and I'll keep you updated on them. Hopefully tomorrow we can get a couple pictures without disturbing them too much!

Thank you everyone for all of the good thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. Sometimes it is just helpful when you feel so helpless to know that you're not alone.

I just read your story. Sorry about the little ones. So glad to hear Finnie survived the surgery and one kit was saved. I would have been a wreck.
I can't wait to see pictures of the little one. She really is an angel isn't she?

I am so happy that it turned out so well, I was really worried when I started reading this thread LOL. I hope everyone continues to do well for you!

Both are doing great this morning. I haven't checked Finnie to see if she has milk. But I lifted her up enough to check her "stitches". I talked to Cathy yesterday while Dr. Tammy was finishing the surgery and as Cathy said her vet does internal stitched Dr. Tammy was just starting to put them in! The incision is looking okay, a little red and sore but that's to be expected. Finnie came over to watch me feed the baby, she was very concerned. The baby's tummy felt slightly full, but I tricked her into eating a full dropper plus a little. She is WILD! She is currently climbing up the side of the carrier and jumping on mom. Finnie at a little hay, and about a tablespoon of pellets on her own last night and drank about 1/4 of her 8 oz water bottle!

I will get pictures today when I take them both out to clean the carrier and put new fleece in it.

I forgot to add. I understand this things happen. And I appreciate all of the wish wishes. The main reason I wanted to post this story about Finnie was to remind people that this is part of breeding. I have been extremely lucky that in 6 years this is my first c-section/spay. And it happened right when my two vets I'd used for that whole time couldn't be there, unless of course I wanted to run her to Texas! Dr. Adrian would have, but he didn't have facilities, he made several calls for me and got Dr. Tammy to come in on her day off. I was extremely lucky. It's so hard to find vets who really do it for the animals, and not for the money. And she is one of those vets.

Very happy it all turned out well.. it is a relief more so for you, but your little ones where on my mind.

Again very happy

Back