Bonjour!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akunaferret

Tasty Human
Heyllo, my name is Megan and the little guy in the picture is Flynn. I'm a woman who moved directly from parent's home to boyfriends home and ended up with empty nest syndrome since i no longer had a little sister to play with. When a friend of mine said that his chinchilla needed a new home, i quickly jumped on it. I don't know the breed of Flynn but he's 2 years old. Right now, he's my little baby. If he would sit still long enough for a better picture, I would totally take one hahah. I found this site while looking up some more research on Chins and i realized joining this forum will help me tremendously and the people here are great.

There's actually only one breed of chinchilla, but there are different body types and mutations (colors).

Welcome! :)

Ah i see. I've heard people mention Snow I think, Black Velvet, and Beige, i figured those were breeds.

Ant thank you very much. See this is why I'm here ^_^

Welcome, Megan :)) I've learned a ton of things on this forum. I'm the type to research everything to the 9th degree but I still wasn't prepared for some surprises, like the amount of poop one little chin can generate. They are still amazing and a lot of fun.

Welcome, Megan :)) I've learned a ton of things on this forum. I'm the type to research everything to the 9th degree but I still wasn't prepared for some surprises, like the amount of poop one little chin can generate. They are still amazing and a lot of fun.

I'll have to agree with you on the poop thing. I've had mice and rats and hamsters and a bunny, but I don't think any of them pooped as much as a Chinchilla hahah

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome :D

Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of great info here. The FAQ's section is a great resource for new chinchilla owners to make sure you are giving the right feed, treats, and housing. ;)

Ah i see. I've heard people mention Snow I think, Black Velvet, and Beige, i figured those were breeds.

Ant thank you very much. See this is why I'm here ^_^

Snow is just a made up name, if you've heard that. Black Velvet, Beige, Mosaic, Ebony, Violet and Sapphire are the mutations and any of them can be mixed together to make other colors such as pink white. Your little guy is a regular standard grey chinchilla...and a cute one! Congrats on getting him!

Thank you very much! I was given everything for free: cage, food, hay, bedding, water, dust, dust bath. Been doing research for nearly a week or so till i got him, and continuing to do so, so i can provide a happy home for him. This morning I had the windows open and an AC, he loved it and when i called a name and moved toward the cage he out stretched his arms and put his face against the cage waiting for a cheek scratch. I can honestly say that I haven't been this happy with any pet till I got Flynn. Had a rotten day one day, didn't get a job that I was sure it was mine, so my bf brought him up to the playroom in our bedroom and my mood brightened in a matter of minutes. He makes my day as much as my bf's does ^_^

Aw, so glad he is making you happy :)). They definitely are wonderful little creatures. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much. I'm going to play with him later tonight, it's cooler so I'll try and take better pictures and post it here.

Pictures of Flynn!!! For some reason it turns the photo sideways

flynn2.jpg

flynn1.jpg

Back