Bird on the rocks: What can you tell me about manzanita perches & flagstone ledges?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
Bird on the rocks: What can you tell me about manzanita perches & flagstone ledges?

I'm thinking about buying either a manzanita perch or flagstone ledge (or maybe both) from Bird on the Rocks for Ralph's QC Townhome cage. (http://www.birdontherocks.com)

If I get a flagstone ledge, it will be replacing one of his wooden sleep ledges or perhaps his corner ledge. What size do you recommend I get? The first picture in this thread gives you an idea of how big he is: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620 (I would just post the picture here, but I'm at work and can't access it)

For the manzanita perch, do you think I could replace his lowest shelf with it? That's pretty much the only way it would fit in the cage (but I'll have to look again to make sure). Again, what size should I get?

Any information about the ledges and perches would be appreciated!

My chins and birds all love Manzanita. If I put manzanita in their cage I always use the lower area as the branches are not that thick.

I have rock ledges in Chibi's cage, not from there, but she loves them. The size that hers is about 6" long I think. So I would think that a medium or a large of theirs would work. I know that Deena has some, so maybe she'll come on and say what size she bought.

I would get nothing smaller than the large, I have a couple medium ones and thought they were a little too small. I love manzanita perches too but I didn't buy mine from there. I bought them from a member here selling them :).

I bought 3 of the large flagstone perches and they are Puddles' favorite spot in the cage. The shipping is a bit pricey but they are heavy and absolutely worth it in my book. :)

Thanks for the info guys! I think I'm going to order him a large flagstone ledge, and hold off on the manzanita perch until I work out what I want to do with his cage in terms of redecoration.

There is a flagstone place not far from my house. I wonder how difficult it would be to make one of these from scrap. Hmmm.

I have never used rock ledges in any of my cages. I love the manzanita for chins and birds though, so I usually have some around. I like things they can use as a chew and use as a ledge at the same time. Figure it serves as a multiple purpose tool. :)

I didn't like the flagstone perches that they label specifically for chins, they weren't very deep - When I've ordered I usually just order the regular bird oriented ones.

Both my kids like to hang out on theirs all the time. It WILL make your cage heavier!

Latest posts

Back