Bathing when injured

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookiFace1

Is it ok to let my chin bathe while the stitches in her nose are still healing and scabbing? I tried googling what to do and can find nothing. She got injured on the 19th..

My guy got a scratch on his eye lid and the vet recommended not letting him take his dust bath until it healed. He looks gross especially because of the antibiotic cream which he spreads everywhere, but it is better than dust getting into the wound. So I'd go with waiting until it heals.

take some dust and rub it all over her haha ... although then you might worry she would get it on her nose from grooming anyway I guess

Her getting greasy from now dusts is better than the risk of infection from bacteria. The only time I allow a chinchilla a dust bath after an injury is when I am concerend they seem depressed after a fight

ok.. Then just to be safe i wont bring her dust otu till her nose is fully healed.. I was just worried because I had read somewhere that bathing is a psychological necessity for chins.. As long as she doesnt get depressed Im content :)

Back