Ballroom and Latin Dance

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
After a lot of begging, convinving, and coercing, my boyfriend agreed to take ballroom dance classes with me. I have taken salsa lessons in the past and really enjoyed them but hadn't had a chance to learn any other ballroom or Latin styles. We are currently learning the waltz and are really enjoying ourselves. He is still against learning any Latin dances (his qualms are with the wardrobe he has seen on Dancing With the Stars, lol) but I think after he gets comfortable with being on the floor and loses that initial nervousness (he had never taken any dance classes before and was afraid he would embarass himself), he will give in. :thumbsup: On the top of my list is samba!

Does anyone else take ballroom/Latin lessons or have you in the past? What are your favorite styles?

I am really excited and have so much fun out on the dance floor - I am always giddy and can't wait for my next class.

My parents have been taking classes for about a month and they love it. They have learned the waltz, the rumba and swing. I think they like the rumba the most. I'm going to start taking classes next week!

I'd absolutely love to try ballroom dancing. I've done swing dancing, and ohmi, it is so, so much fun. I'd like to take lessons one day :)

Sumiko this sounds awesome! I love to watch ballroom dancing, but I'm also a very big ballet person. To this day there is no more beautiful danceur than Mikhail Baryshnikov. I know I would love to see any clips you can record of you and your boyfriend dancing!!
Good luck and I hope we don't hear of any injuries!

That does sound fun. I would love to take classes myself. Sadly, both my fiance and I are very accident prone,and I could see us falling and breaking bones, or at least tripping over one another in front of others! LOL

Back