Arlington TX Bust- Getting Ready

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
>there will be 8 going to FL. 6 to me and 2 to Susan

Plus 2 to Gloria in Pensacola.

Wouldn't it be 67 since you only had 6 listed as going to FL, and now you have 10? 1 to Gloria, 6 to me, and 2 to Susan (remember, it may be 12 when I talk to Bobbi today!)

Have you heard from Gloria about coming to Tallahassee?

Last edited:
This is Bobbi in Jville
Essentia I emailed you this morning... I'm waiting to hear from you.
Give me a call. I tried to call you but couldn't get through.
Looks like we are good for 4 if you need us to take them.

If the Chins are all good to go then I may be able to take a couple of other critters that need help.
I can do sugar gliders, flying squirrels, guinea pigs, or others just let me know what kind of help I can provide.

This is so heartbreaking! I'm glad to help in anyway I can.

Bless all of you who are stepping up to help these unfortunate babies.
:heart5:clap::bow::bravo:
I wish I could help more and take more of them.
I won't even begin to express the horror I hope is inflicted on those responsible for this mess......:fireblob:

Ok Rick, Bobbi will be taking 4 chins/or 3 chins which is all that's left. Which means, all the chins are taken care of!

So, this means, there will be 13 chins coming to Florida. 6 to me. 2 to Gloria. 2 to Susan. 3 to Bobbi.

Crysta,

My count has been double checked and is right. I had 8 (in my files) counting 2 for Gloria. Then 2 more for you is 65 plus 3 for Bobbi is 68.

Whose quibbling though? I am a bit in awe right now.

Again, I need full contact info on everyone: Full name, screen name, physical address, phones and emails. Where I don't have that, the chins can't go. Private adoptions will be same sex only (even if you have both at home, sorry). Private fosters, the same. The preferred sex of those adopted will be honored. What is left will be divided as best I can with input from those receiving.

This does not apply to those taking 5+ and others who are in a rescue mode with a track record. If you have any questions, contact me.

There is likely a variety of colors. I will do what I can to be fair, but some preference will go to those needing to be put up for adoption as the mutations are in demand as pets.

I will need to take ownership of every chin from the TX SPCA and the breeding penalty is $500 per chin. No, I might not find out or be found out, but that's not the point.

Any chin that may have been miss-sexed, may have an injury, illness or that is in any way questionable will stay with me. Full disclosure on any medical issue will be strictly practiced. If you don't like what you see when you get yours, say so. Most legs will have at least 1 back-up temporary home with a rescue or knowledgable breeder who has some flexibility. If necessary, I will come to you and get the chin.

Chins fostered for me in TX will be listed for adoption on Petfinder in their respective locations and moved to me as space and transport allows.

A transport update follows in a couple hours.

>Do you need full contact info for people who are just transporting but not adopting?

Yes, please. I need full paper trails. Thanks!

Ok, I recounted. If everyone can get theirs, the count is 70.

Congratulations.

More to follow.

We may a couple more that are up for adoption from the McKinney SPCA, listed on Petfinders.

So I guess none of them will make their way into the Northwest (OR, WA)?
I am so thankful to you Rick and everyone else who is able to help!!

Rick, you said that the hedgies are still in sad shape. If anyone can get them up this way I can sure foster some until good homes are found, same with chins, but that looks like it's all taken care of.

>So I guess none of them will make their way into the Northwest (OR, WA)?
I am so thankful to you Rick and everyone else who is able to help!!

Not this time. Thanks for the kind words.

>you said that the hedgies are still in sad shape. If anyone can get them up this way I can sure foster some until good homes are found,

Lots of injured and special needs. I'll pm you the contact number.

South Route: 13 from New Orleans to Gloria in Pensacola. Prefer a Thursday or Sunday departure. Can be there about 9 or 10 am. Needs to be coordinated between Gloria and Crysta and Susan for 11. Very flexible schedule on my end.

Can you all also take 1 or 2 hedgies to Susan to take south? More detailed arrangments will be made if this is a possibility.

Last edited:
Yup. I can bring some hedgies with me to Susan. Would it be this Thursday, as in tomorrow?

If so, that would work perfectly for me since I am off Friday (also Saturday)and could come by then to meet her in Tallahassee Friday morning. If not, this is my schedule for next week.

Sunday: 3pm-11pm
Monday: 3pm-11pm
Tuesday: 11pm-7am
Wednesday: 11pm-7am
Thursday: 11pm-7am
Friday: Off (leaving for NC show)
Saturday: Off (will be in NC at the show)
Sunday: Off (returning from the show)

If needed I can return from the show Saturday evening, get some sleep when I get home, and meet that Sunday as well.

Central Routes:

Dallas to Little Rock to Memphis by me. Memphis on to Nashville possibly by the Bunderground. 1 stays in Nashville with Encantadora; 4 north to Bethany, 2 on to IN to Jenny and maybe 1 to fanov8. 19 continue on east. Transport by VolunteerChin22 or possibly by the Bunderground who are very strong in resources on the east coast. Anyway, 5 to Tiffany in Roxboro, NC; 1 to Melissa in Fredericksburg as well as 12 to Sonia there also; 2 go on by way of Susan, suzi1780 in Reston, VA; she keeps 1 and the other goes to mishellyshel in Mercerville, NJ if transportation works out.

There other transport possibilities.

>Would it be this Thursday, as in tomorrow

Sometime after I get back from Dallas. My in-laws are in Baldwin County for the winter and very close to Pensacola. I can keep all yours until it is convenient to Gloria and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back