Are these pellets any good?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsey13

Hi everyone! I am about to get my first chinchilla and want to make sure to get a good pellet for it to eat. I rabbits and guinea pigs and feed them Zupreem but wasn't sure if it would be good for chinchilla's or not. The ingredients in it is Sun-cured timothy hay, Soybean hulls, Dried alfalfa meal, Soybean meal, Wheat middlings, Dried molasses, Sodium bentonite, Flaxseeds, Salt, Calcium propionate, Zinc propionate, preserved with Mixed tocopherols and Citric acid, Choline chloride, DL-Methionine, Zinc sulfate,Vitamin E supplement, Dried Yucca schidigera extract, Copper sulfate, Ferrous sulfate, Manganese sulfate, Niacin, Calcium pantothenate,Vitamin A supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine hydrochloride,Thiamine mononitrate, Sodium selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12 supplement, Calcium iodate,Vitamin D3 supplement, Cobalt carbonate, Folic acid, Dried Bacillus lichenformis fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Copper amino acid complex, Manganese amino acid complex, Rosemary extract

Crude protein 14%
Crude fat 1.5%
Crude fiber 30%
Moisture 12%

sorry but that is a bad feed for chins. Chins need a different requirements than rabbits and guinea pigs. In fact guinea pigs need a different requirement than rabbits. A good pellet would be Mazuri, Oxbow or Purina SHOW rabbit or Tradiition (if you can get it)

Sorry I didn't mean I feed my guinea pigs and rabbits the same exact thing, just the same brand name which is Zupreem but feed that specific for their species. So would the Zupreem food not be good for a chin?

Zupreem, in pretty much any form, is not a recommended feed, whether it's for chins or guinea pigs.

Zupreem isn't really all that good. I definitely would get something better. A good chinchilla pellet will make a huge difference in the appearance and health of a chinchilla. Zupreem is just another one of those petstore brands with the bag that makes all sort of promises and claims about the feed inside when it probably isn't all that great for any chins to consume it regularly.

Back