are petco hammocks ok?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammocks need to be made completely out of fleece, so no, neither of those are safe.

you can go on the chin supplies for sale here on the forum, and you can get a fleece hammock for cheaper than what those are and plus fleece ones are better of course :)

I got my first hammock from Allison !! She's awesome ... Especially when comes to explaining how to position it (never hung one my self)

Go for it. I bought a similar one that was supposed to be for ferrets, and my chin LOVES it. Actually, a lot of the ferret toys (at least the soft, fuzzy ones) are chin appropriate. As long as they can get in and out of them :)

Go for it. I bought a similar one that was supposed to be for ferrets, and my chin LOVES it. Actually, a lot of the ferret toys (at least the soft, fuzzy ones) are chin appropriate. As long as they can get in and out of them :)

the ferret hammocks are not safe for chins. they are made of a fabric that unravels in strands if chewed on, and the straps are nylon and the clips are plastic. not safe at all.

the ferret toys wouldn't be safe either, as the seams may be exposed (all chin stuff needs to have hidden seams), and the materials are not 100% polar fleece.

Back