any secret on how to get the dust out?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kim O'Neill

For those of you that use runs, when you have the jump hole and the shut off, after some time the slots that the jump hole goes in gets very hard to put the shut off in with dust etc in there. Is there some "secret" to getting this out ???

Could you run maybe slide the door off and run a wet Q-tip through the grooves? Or maybe shop vac it with the door off?

I put the corner only of the shut off door in on the bottom section only and scrap it out or I use a small tip screwdriver to dig it all out.
Jeri

I have tried with the corner tip, may have to go the small screwdriver ... I just dont want to force it and then not be able to put the shut off in securely, you know?

I too use the corner, or i just push reallllyy hard and shove it closed, causing the dust fo go out the other side...

I have been able to get a few of them cleared, but there are a few that are just hard to get!!! I need bigger muscles!

I used to go through them with a short flathead screwdriver. Particularly the old 'recycled' cages I'd get, some of them would be almost glued shut.

Back