Any plant people? I have a ???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaDi

You Have No Idea!
Okay, I was out at my brothers and Alexis showed me some plants across the street in the field. Andrew said they are weeds but I dont know. They are beautiful! They are very tall, and the leaves shape into a rose! It looks like a huge rose bush, minus the roses!!! Do you know what they are called? We so want some!

A picture is worth a thousand words.. :)

The description sounds very familiar to me, but a pic really would help.. even a "good" cell phone pic ;)

I will bring my camera out when I go again and post it. I've been trying to find pics online and no luck. The ones I am finding have the pollen looking stems sticking out of them, but these dont... literally look like just leaves forming the shape of a rose.

It is similar to that. But the leaves are much thinner... soft almost... I am googling succulent now!

Weed really is a matter of opinion though. IMO a weed is just a plant you don't want growing there. Like the Austrian Copper rose that is attempting and succeeding to take over my side yard.

Sounds like a succulent to me.

Try THIS site... it even has color pictures.. not drawings.

Okay.. I looked at your pic.. and that is not what I was thinking about. I have those "Hen 'n chicks" plants in my front yard, but mine are much larger.. like 12 or 14 inches diameter, some.

What about Lady's Mantle ..or Mantle alchemilla vulgaris?

Another one that came to mind.. but could think of the name... the above post!

I got my sister-in-law to go take pics for me since I havent been back over there since I posted this. Here are a few different pics. They are so neat... at least I think so!

Attachments

• roseplant1.jpg
    roseplant1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 81
  • roseplant2.jpg
    roseplant2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 74
  • roseplant3.jpg
    roseplant3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76
  • roseplant4.jpg
    roseplant4.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 65
LOL so this is gonna sound stupid I am sure... its not bloomed? You think it will bloom with some other type of flower thing like in the link you posted?

well, I dont know what it is yet, and by the colors and thickness I am still not convinced. The thing you say looks like a bloom I believe is apical growth (growth at the end of a stem)....leaves are formed here as the branch elongates, hence the smaller whorl of things that look exactly like the leaves further down. I still think it looks a tad succulent, but like I said, I dont live there, so I dont know what plants are there. But it would have to bloom at some point or there would be no reproduction (unless it did it asexually, which is doubtful in a plant that size)

Latest posts

Back