Another strange Pico behavior.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany_Lynn

I like dinosaurs :3
Pico does this thing sometimes when I'm holding him and petting him, where his head moves back and forth a little tiny bit as if he's shaking. Imagine a scared toy size dog (like my mom's pomeranian) that shakes when it's scared, and that's what his head does--but it's just his head.
It reminds me of the kinds of tics people get sometimes, that are sometimes seen in people with tourette's. Anyone have a chinchilla that does something similar? Is this something I should be worried about? I just realized that he's been doing it since I got him, but I didn't put it together that he can't be shaking b/c he's scared since it's just his head that 'shakes', until just now, hence the posting.

Mine shakes his head back and forth slightly and quickly when I'm holding him for more than a minute. It's only when its obvious he doesn't want to be held anymore...and my husband and I always think it's his way of saying "no no no no no" :D

My Ziggy does that :) He didn't before, just happened within the last 3 months or so... He does get very excited when he's being held and taken out for playtime. It doesn't happen every time tho.

Back