another name poll.....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

names for my 2 chinies

• Fifo

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Basil

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Sage

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Max

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Ruby

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Jude

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lucy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Teagan

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Paisley

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Tancie

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

tams

I have been pondering names for a few days now, and can't seem to pick any. I don't know if I want to do "pairing" type names or not.

The Fifo I like cause it's a kitchen (and an accounting I believe) term. It's a spin on the ever so generic Fido name. (oh, in the restaurants, it means First in First Out) I'm a chef, so I kinda like how it ties in....

Basil and Sage- again, I"m a chef....

Max and Ruby- from the Nickelodeon show about 2 bunnies.....and I just LOVE the name Max

Jude and Lucy- I'm a big Beatles fan.....could also be Jude, Max, Sadi, ect.

those are some of the pairing names I have thought of, and the Fifo and maybe something else.....Just wanted to explain some of the choices

Also threw in some others....I have allowed for multiple voting, and will concider the top 2 names! Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like Basil and Parsley. :) But I also may have just picked those because I love working in the kitchen too. The name Fifo is very original tho. I remember learing First in First out in culinary class.

Since you're a chef (can you come live with me b/c I hate cooking?) and you already like the name Fifo, I'd go with that and I like Basil too.

I would go with Jude :) I love the Beatles, and Hey Jude is my all time favorite song...

I like Ruby too, because that is my chin's name lol

My chin was going to be Jude, until I decided to get a girl instead.

I love the name fifo, but always pictured me naming my dog that (if and when I ever get one) for some reason, I don't see that as a "chin" name!

Cute names

I voted for Ruby, Basil and Sage. It's funny cause my brother got a miniature rabbit not too long ago and named it Basil Bubbles or as he tells the family "It's Mr. Bubbles to you." He's a nut. And I use to know of an adorable Mt. Lion named Sage. Got a soft spot in my heart for that one.

I voetd for Basil and Sage because I love to cook. Granted I like Basil and Rosemary a bit more. :)

My 3.5 year old son can't say "chinchilla's", he says "chichi yaya's" now I'm dabbling with calling them Chi Chi and Yaya!

it sounds like you have your heart set on the name fifo so i think that ones a keeper.
i dont have a chinchilla yet but its going to be a male. i already have a name picked out= pikachu. it was between that name and stitch. i just couldnt make up my mind so i wrote down both of the names 3 times and put them in a box. then without looking i drew 3 randomly from the box. pikachu won best 2 out of 3. then i was like i wonder what would happen if it was best 3 out of 5. so i drew 2 more and guess who won again? pikachu! maybe you can use something like that if the results are close and you cant choose.

Back