Airlines that allow Hedgies in Cabin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. So hubby and I are moving. Trying to find a flight(s)/airline from memphis or nashville that will go to Calgary, AB. even if it it 2 or more connecting flights, its not a big deal. I wanted to go with Westjet because I am familiar with them and they have good prices, but they do not allow hedgehogs for travel in cabins. they are also strict on temperatures:

"Extreme heat can pose a significant risk to the health of pets; therefore, we do not accept pets in checked baggage annually from May 1 to October 31 on any flight to or from:

United States (Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando, Palm Springs, Phoenix)"

It is hard to find flights to Calgary without connecting to one of these stops. We are looking at travelling any time in June. So we have a whole month that we are flexible on dates.

SO, I am looking for an airline that will not cost an arm and a leg to have her in the cabin. Or, an airline that we can ship her ahead of time (my family in Calgary would care for her till we arrived).

thanks!

i'm sorry i don't have any airline advice for you, but just wanted to say welcome to Alberta in advance! :))

have you thought about driving instead? would make for a nice road trip!

Back