Age limit for Ryerson's supplement?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdo9396

I know chins under 6 months aren't supposed to have treats but does the Ryerson's supplement count as a treat? I'm unsure because it's a supplement and it has the oats in it. I have 2 chins that are almost 7 weeks old and was wondering if it was okay to let them have it.

I do not give the supplement to my kits under 6 months. I consider oats a treat. The supplement also contains wheat germ, which to me falls under treat as well.

When I was feeding it my babies would eat it along with mom until weaned. They wouldn't get it again unless they went into breeding, but it didn't cause any side effects.

I know of other breeders that feed Ryerson's supplement to their chins even with babies. I give my guys (breeders) a teaspoon 1-2x a week with no issues at all.

I give a quarter a teaspoon twice a week(if I remember). I just use it as a treat. They so funny they have learned where their places are to get their scoop.

They so funny they have learned where their places are to get their scoop.
If you whistle or say a name before you give it they learn the sound in 4-6 times. :D

So fun when you've got them all out and whistle. lol

Back