Advice on having my chin take her meds?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullgirl

I took my chin to the vet today and even though she wasn't sure that she had a parasite, she prescribed her Baytril. She isn't very good at taking it and she hates the taste of it. Im afraid i stress her out when i try to get her to take it now. I don't know how tight to hold her. me and my dad struggled to get her to take it tonight. any advice?

when i have to do anything to my chins they dont like i take a hand towel/peice of fleece and roll them up in it like a burrito(with whatever part that needs attention sticking out. (for example you have to feed her the meds so you would just have her mouth/head sticking out a bit) it limits movement and makes the whole process a bit easier. no matter what itll be a bit stressfull for her. afterwards just let her calm down on her own i guess. if she wants to hide itll probably be best to let her do it.

baytril is an antibiotic, and is used for bacterial infection, not parasites.

so your vet is just throwing meds at your chin in the hopes of clearing up whatever they have? has a stool sample been taken? have blood tests been done? i would never allow 'random medicating' with any of my pets.

i would find a better vet.

Back