about fleece liners.....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tams

First off, I want to appologize in advace for all the questions! I want to do fleece liners, and haveread about absorbant layer in between. What do you use as an absorbant layer? Also, I have seen cage pics and have seen cylinder lilhidaways wrapped in fleece, how do I go about making one of them!? Are they just the large chubes wrapped in fleece? Any tips or anything on how to make my own stuff would be greatly appriciated!

Xoxo

I use an extra layer of fleece in my liners. I saw no difference in absorbancy with terry cloth when I made the liners with it, so I just stuck to fleece. Some people use batting, but I feel like it just tears apart inside of the outside layers after a lot of use. The three layers of fleece works for me, though it may not for anyone else.

What you're seeing in pictures are fleece tubes. Some people use 6" PVC, others use chubes. The PVC doesn't ruin with urine like the cardboard chubes do. You pretty much just take fleece, sew a line down it like a sleeve, and then wrap the fleece inside out of the tube to form a cover.

I use old towels inside my fleece liners. It seems to work well for me, I never have a smell or anything (but I also change my liners regularly). Just make sure that you sew the fleece or towel or diaper or w/e you put in between your liners to the bottom of the liner so that it doesn't get all messed up inside when you wash and dry them.

Just make sure that you sew the fleece or towel or diaper or w/e you put in between your liners to the bottom of the liner so that it doesn't get all messed up inside when you wash and dry them.

That's what the quilting is for. It stitches the diaper to the top and bottom of the liner, in diamond shaped stitches, so that it holds it completely in place.

Back