A place to get Mazuri pellets in Virginia?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella Whateva

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone knew of a Mazuri supplier in Virginia (specifically near the Charlottesville or Newport News area.) I know they sell two pound bags at Petsmart, but they're $8 a bag, which is outrageous. I'd like to be able to buy it in larger amounts for less. I've ordered from Chincessories before and checked out some other websites that offer it for $1/lb, but because of my location, the shipping is so expensive it isn't worth it unless I get an extremely huge amount.
Does anyone know of somewhere closer that I can order from or a nearby location I could drive to?
Thanks!

Check your local feed stores. Most don't carry it there but can order it for you. It's usually around $16 for 25 lbs.

I get mine at Feeder's Supply, it is $14.95 for 25lbs. See if they have a store near you.

Check on their website. www.Mazuri.com At the bottom they have a dealer locator tab, click it and put in your zip. It gives you places around your area that they deal to.

I know the feed store near me sells Mazuri, but they only have guinea pig and rabbit Mazuri food.

Thanks for the link, Brittney! I never thought to call my local feed store. It's only 5 miles away, so I am hoping they carry chin food. If not, I will continue buying it from my usual place.

I get mine from Kelly at mysticmosaics.org, but like chincessories, there is shipping cost. I only have one chin and get about 5-7 pounds of Mazuri in a flat rate box with about 5 pounds of dust (and maybe some treats). It definitely makes the shipping worthwhile.

My local feed store carries Mazuri as well, but if they don't carry it maybe they'll be willing to order for you? But it comes as 25 lbs bag, for only 1 chin that will last a very long time, and I heard Mazuri goes bad faster than some other brands?

Yeah, 25 pounds of food is definitely way too much for my one little chinnie :))
Thanks for the links, I'll check those places out.
It looks like there's a supplier a couple miles away from me.

Back