A few questions about FN142

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newchinmom

Family zoo keeper~
So I went to Petsmart trying to price match FN142 with Kennelvet's price, the manager told me they only do price matching with their own website(which is same price as $229.99). One of the employee told me it all depends on the manager...So I called the other one that's farther, the girl asked me on the phone about which website then agreed to price match for me. I rushed there and got one! I'm so excited here..=^_^=
I know I should get the Bass pans to put in there and order from CA site so I can get 4" in height. My question is, I want to keep the middle shelf in so I can use it as 2 different cages for my boys and girls, should I get 2 pans without cut out or 1 with 1 w/o? Can I adjust the cut out one in different angle so still can cover the hole from middle shelf in case I want to house them in seperate cages later on but I still have the option to let whoever stay in this cage to use both level?
Also, Can I use vinegar+water solution to clean the pan and pine shelf if I need to? If I use that to clean the pine shelves, will it gets dry fast or do I have to take the shelves out until it's dried? I'm little confused here...

Rebecca,
Sorry no one has posted here - I PM'd you. Maybe you can stop by and see my set up - to get some ideas.

Hi Beca.

Congrats on your new FN!

I haven't heard of turning the pan w/ the cutout around before, but it sounds like a great idea.

Here is a thread regarding leaving the middle in or taking it out.
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497

And here is a thread with lots of pictures about how the different members of this forum have set theirs up and decorated it.
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134

Hope those help!

Thanks Mom2pix&lola, after I got the FN I turned middle plastic pan the other way just to try and see, and it works. So I guess I'll order my pans that way, and just use a piece kd pine to block the opening and put something else on top to hold it down. I've checked those threads and all the cages are so beautifully done! That gave me some great ideas on how to set mine up.
I'll post some pics after my babies' new home is up. =@^@=

Becca,
It was great seeing you - don't forget - you can get a tile at Home Depot and put that OVER the opening and your chins can use it to chin chill on!!

Becca,
It was great seeing you - don't forget - you can get a tile at Home Depot and put that OVER the opening and your chins can use it to chin chill on!!

I was just at Lowes yesterday looking at the tiles... are they all pretty much safe for chinchillas? Is there a certain tile to avoid or buy?

I just saw 16" by 16" in the Lowes catalog for 88 cents so im gonna go pick some of those up soon

Contributed by Alli713:

Another easy option to making your chin’s cage safer is to put down some tiles on the wire bottom. These give the chin an area to rest its feet from the wire and they like the cool feeling that tile gives. You can find squares of marble or granite at the home improvement store. Make sure it is natural stone like marble or granite, not the kind that they can chew apart.

I'm using marble tile in their cage, thinking it should be very very hard for them to destroy, LOL...plus I think it felt colder when I touched it comparing to ceramic tiles.
But my babies never tried to chew it, they came to inspect it after I put it inside their cage and decided it felt great, so they just sit on it or lay on their side and sleep.

I'm using marble tile in their cage, thinking it should be very very hard for them to destroy, LOL...plus I think it felt colder when I touched it comparing to ceramic tiles.
But my babies never tried to chew it, they came to inspect it after I put it inside their cage and decided it felt great, so they just sit on it or lay on their side and sleep.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm going to Lowes today to find a marble tile.

Back