A Chin Spin... Really Worth the money??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a chin spin about a year ago (before I knew about the surfer), and back in January I got a silver surfer. I wish I could go back in time and skip the chin spin and just get two surfers, they are so much quieter and less bulky. I've already had to change the bearings on the chin spin but the surfer is still as quiet as the day I got it. I also like the fact that the surfer does not have any exposed wood surfaces like the chin spin. One of my females would sit in the chin spin and pee and the wood got really stained and gross. I gave her the new silver surfer and if she does pee in it, I can just wipe it out without having to go to great lengths to try to "clean" a wood panel.

Honestly, I don't think the Chin Spins are worth the money now that I have had mine for several years. They were great at first, but over time my satisfaction has severely dwindled. The powder coating peeled off of 3 out of 4 of my Chin Spins, I am having to replace the bearings twice a year, and they are so heavy that they really rattle my FN's and make a lot of noise.

I have a Silver Surfer and I plan on replacing all of my Chin Spins with them. They are smaller and not as heavy, so that really reduces the noise when they run on them. They also use a different spinning mechanism that seems much more hardy than the bearings of a Chin Spin.

I don't have a chin, so I don't have personal experience, but I would say that they were.

Your chin should have some form of exercise wheel, and there are a few good ones out there.

I would say either a silver surfer or chin spin.

They are definitely worth the money. You're chin will be thanking you for it!

Just so no one gets confused, your chins don't NEED a wheel/sauceer. Most chins enjoy them, but they can be just as happy and content without.

Just so no one gets confused, your chins don't NEED a wheel/sauceer. Most chins enjoy them, but they can be just as happy and content without.

i am aware of that, but bratty likes wheels but she breaks them. I haven' bought her a good wheel untill now)

Back