2011 Oregon ECBC Fall Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show was awesome and I had a blast! Thanks so much to Sarah and Doug. You guys did an amazing job! The trophies were absolutely unbelievable, I am so glad I got to take a few home to Cali with me.:thumbsup:

Congratulations winners! The Craners just left and they said they've seen some really nice animals the last couple of weeks!

Ronda

I have a few pictures

Yes, it's me, #347. I enjoyed the experience of my first show. Thanks for such kind treatment and a truly top notch professional show.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 33
And a few more

FYI, my silly Photoshopped chinnie calendars will be available at ChinWorld in the next month or so.

You all were great!

DW

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 28
Awesome show! My poor chinnies and living in the desert. We're still in the high 90's and low 100's here so they were all pushing fur. Great comments and absolutely superb judging. I had a great time and it was fun teasing Gene and Ellis as usual. Got to really meet some great people for the first time...Jerry, Joanne, Casey and Doug. We got to learn some interesting things about mink breeding and how different pelting them is from chinchillas. Thank you to everyone for putting on such an informational and just all around fun show!

Shahna...you better keep an eye on "Winny" or she'll somehow sneak her way into my carrier. :neener: Should have grabbed her while you were sleeping at the points table!

If trophies are one of the marks of success, then you'd have to say that Ellis Adcock is one of the most successful chinchilla rancher in history. Take a look at the attachment. Proof is in the pudding.

Don't miss the opportunity to sit with Ellis over dinner, along with the President of Empress and the judges of the Oregon Field Day

Wow, looking at all of those amazing trophies -anyone have any idea where they get those made? I'd love to have a chinchilla hood ornament!

Attachments

• 100_0975.jpg
    100_0975.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20
Thank you!

First and foremost I'd like to send out a huge :thanks10:to everyone who supported our first show. I am so honored by the presence of each person in attendance and touched by the eager willingness to help out by every single person there. It was the grace and cooperation of all involved that made this show a huge success in my book. :)) Cyber hugs to you all if I missed giving you one in person. More specifically I'd like to thank our judges Jerry and JoAnne for the fantastic job they did judging and Casey for letting us pick his brain on all subjects chinchilla related, Gene for being MC, Ellis for his suggestions and advise, Doug for making the table and lights, Tabitha for handling, Shahna and Sumiko for tallying points and filling out ribbons, Ryan for helping set up & tear down and teaching newcomers how to groom and the California ECBC for loaning us cages. I am foreverly grateful to you all and blessed to have you as friends and fellow breeders. :hug2:
Congratulations Shahna on winning the breeder award with 170 points.
:congrats3:​
DSC_0228.jpg

And here are pictures for everybody else.

Thank you to Sarah and Doug for organizing this show. You guys did an amazing job putting it together - what a great start for Oregon! :)

Congrats to Shahna for taking Grand Show with a beeeaaaautiful white and Sarah, for taking Reserve Grand Show with a gorgeous beige! Congratulations also to Doug with his Grand Show standard at his first show and Elisa with the Reserve Grand Show standard!

I look forward to future shows in OR and next time, I will dose up on Emergen-C beforehand to prevent any colds which may be surfacing! :p

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

Look at all the big gorgeous ebonies!

DSC_0201.jpg

Lots of first place beiges.
DSC_0196.jpg

I had an amazing time at this show! I learn more and more at each show to the point my head hurts :) Looking forward to the January CA State show! w00t!

Sumiko's and my car halfway packed with chinnies. We ended up with 38 animals in there total!

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

Chinnie car mayhem!

IMG_5506.jpg

People!

IMG_5509.jpg

Lots of tables full of animals...

IMG_5510.jpg

Gene being our MC for the show...

IMG_5508.jpg

ALL of the first place beiges, there actually was only one second in the entire class and that was mostly due to age. This one was a HUGE class...got my workout taking these animals back and forth!

IMG_5515.jpg

"Winny" the GSC mutation of show hamming it up for the camera. She just KNOWS she's a beauty!

IMG_5521.jpg

I love her massive roach!

IMG_5520.jpg

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I am planning my escape when I get the chance to steal her from Shahna!

IMG_5518.jpg

RGSC beige bred by Sarah showing her booty to me for sticking the clicky thing in her face.

IMG_5524.jpg

There's a face!

IMG_5526.jpg

These two winners were so proud of how they placed they both looked at me with a "yeah...you know I earned that!" look of pride. Silly chinnies!

IMG_5527.jpg

The not so fun drive back in the rain in Oregon. I love rain but truckers and everything up there drive scary!

IMG_5528.jpg

Lastly, a pretty view on the drive back though it doesn't do that drive justice!

IMG_5531.jpg

Thank you again, Shahna and Doug for putting on an amazing show!

Thank you again, Shahna and Doug for putting on an amazing show!

That is supposed to say "Sarah" and Doug. Not my fault all three of you ladies have names starting with "S"! I also blame Shahna for texting me with chinnie chat while I was posting... :neener:

You could totally be "Sir Ryan". I think "Stab-itha" would get me in more trouble than I already get myself into. :neener:

Back