12 hole ryerson carry cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
does anyone have one of these that they can measure for me? i emailed them about it and never heard a response back. i need to know if i can fit it in my 2 door hatch back car !! :( please someone have an answer lol i need full measurements on it.

I measured my 2, 6 hole and 8 hole
2 is 12¨x 9¨
6 is 18¨ x 18¨
8 is 24¨ x 18¨

I concluded that each hole is 6¨w x 9¨h

So I gather a 12 would be 36¨w x 18¨h x 91/2¨d

I found out they don't make 12 hole does anyone know who does make a 12 hole? I emailed shoots but no respnse yet

Shoots has 6 hole cardboard carriers and you can stack them on top of each other in the car as I have done this in the past - I just had to strap them with extra straps. They make them specifically for shipping also. Not sure what they cost anymore though.

With the standard metal carriers you are referring to, I can tell you a 12 hole would be HEAVY. I carried a 9 hole, with chinchillas in it, at the last show I went to. It was horribly heavy. I can't imagine another 3 holes added to it.

Well I'm trying to get one complete 12 hole for shipping to make it cheaper instead of having multiple cages shipped . But I also need one that can fit in my car :)

Check with Gene or Brenda on here...they will know how to contact Somavias. I have seen their shipping carriers and as I recall, they were quite large/had a large number of holes.

I have an 8 holer from Ryersons and it is terribly heavy. My only concern with your idea is that is going to be to tall and heavy and will easily tip over. Just a thought. I know my 8 holer in a car needs to be strapped down or it will tip over.

Jessica

I may just need to find two 6 holes. Does anyone know some that are lighter than the ryerson ones???I'm trying to save on shipping since I'm doing it alone .

i would also go for 2 of the 6 holes. you can load them back to back instead of on top of each other if you are concerned they will tip.
it would also be easier to carry considering the weight of the cages plus 12 lbs of chinnie goodness!!

i was trying to avoid that because i was told its a flate rate 150 per each carry cage plus the weight cost :( i was trying to avoid that extra 150 lol

As long as two carriers are strapped together securely, they count as one unit or at least that's what I've been told by ranchers that ship a lot.

I'd try for the cardboard ones, they're super light and could reduce the cost of shipping. If you can get a hold of Shoots of course.

If your worried about shipping via plane its per chin not cage

For shipping chinchillas, they do not charge per chin. They fall under small animals which are shipped per crate and then by weight. It's usually a $150 flat fee for a single unit carrier and then there is a charge per pound after the initial 100 lb mark is reached. I've had chinchillas shipped to me a couple times before and it's always worked the same way.

Latest posts

Back