A Chin Spin... Really Worth the money??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillasrox

I have been looking at a chinspin. They are really exinsive but are they worth the money? One of my chins loves to run in her wheel but i took it out because it was a plastic one and i read they were bad. Just wondering. (also how many of you use one for your chins?????)

I have one for two of my chins - they love it! I have had it for 2 years without a problem. Definitely worth the money considerng you would constantly be replacing cheaper ones.

My chins love their chin spins! I also have some saucers and ed wheels. They are all great wheels and I would love to get another chin spin as my last chin with no wheel won't run on the saucer I have for her.

Worth every penny! Now if I can get my hands on a Leo Braun wheel I'll be happy!

The silver surfers seem to be the rage right now, and cheaper than the chin spin..

I have two and the boys love them!

I don't have any wheels yet, I may consider getting one if and when I put introduce Chalupa and Persephone in the same cage. However, my chinchillas get daily playtime, so I don't really think they're necessary.

I have the chin spin and my girls love it. If I had known about the silver surfer before I got the chin spin, I likely would have gone with that wheel...especially because it comes in pink!

I have three Chinchilla's and one of them came with a Chin Spin. I have 1 HUGE cage, it is the size of a ferret nation and it is not divided. It has a TON of ledges and running boards and places for them to just get out all of their pent up energy. I then have a ferret nation that is divided, the top section has a chin spin in it and the bottom section just has ledges and things. By far my chins are much happier in half a ferret nation with a chin spin then in the huge cage without. All three of them are nuts about the thing and when it is there day to be in the top of the ferret nation they just run and run and run! They LOVE it! I am looking into purchasing 2 more because it's such a hit around here! I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants one!

Ashley

I have the saucer, rather than the chin spin, and my chin has used it everyday since I put it in her cage. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

I like both the surfer and chin spin. Just remember babies can't have wheels until they're 6 months old

Just remember babies can't have wheels until they're 6 months old
I am Know that but thanks. I am looking into one for my older chin. (she is 11 months old) If she likes it then I may get one for the boys once they are old enough to have one!:thumbsup:

I have and use just about all of the wheels out there. I have Chin Spins, Silver Surfers in both 16" and 14", Leo Braun's and Ed Wheels. I also have a couple of flying saucers that aren't currently being used. I like the Silver Surfer the best of the wheels that are currently commercially available. I've had my four - 16" Silver Surfers in use for almost 5 years and the only issue I've had is one group of beastly boys chewed through the edge of the wheel.

Wheels in order of my favorites:
1. Leo Brauns which haven't been manufactured for years. I've been fortunate enough to pick up a few over the years.
2. Silver Surfer wheels, are very quite and run well
3. a tie between the Ed Wheel (which is being discontinued) and the Chin Spin.

I have flying saucers for all of my chins. The two together share one. The only thing is waiting for them to try it and see if they will learn it, but mine did in less than 2 days.

Yes, they are absolutely worth the money. My boy uses his every night!

Yeahh. I just purchased a princess pink silver surfer wheel for my older chin bratty. :). ( that is her nick-name she gets called by most of the time) :)

I don't have a chin, so I don't have personal experience, but I would say that they were.

Your chin should have some form of exercise wheel, and there are a few good ones out there.

I would say either a silver surfer or chin spin.

They are definitely worth the money. You're chin will be thanking you for it!

They are definitely worth the money! I have something similar to a chin spin and my chinchillas absolutely love it!

Back