2011 CA ECBC Spring Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
http://california.empresschinchilla.org/shows.html

will have all of the information updated as we get things finalized!

2011 CA Spring Field Day
April 9, 2011
Frazier Park

Event Location:

Cuddy Hall
335 Lakewood Dr
Frazier Park, CA 93225

Lodging:

Best Rest Inn, I-5 at the Frazier Park exit
http://www.bestrestinns.com
Ph: (661) 248-2700

Furball Ranch will also put up people who would like to sleep/crash on the floor (bring a sleeping bag!). Please contact Rod or Donna at (661) 245-1232 to make arrangements.

Schedule:

Grooming 7am-11am.*** No grooming will be permitted after 11am.***
Show starts 11am.

Judge:
Maxine Lynch

Show Chair(s):

Cara Beasley - email: [email protected]
Tabitha Hong - email: [email protected]

No charge for admission to the event.
$5.00 per animal for members,
$7.50 per animal for non-members

Special Events:

50/50 Drawing and Door Prize Raffle (participants are encouraged to bring a gift for the raffle table worth $5 or more)

Other Info:

Junior breeder awards - for those with 7 years or less breeding and showing experience, points counted for top 5 animals entered.

Lunch will be provided at the show hall. Should be sandwiches, chips and some fresh fruit. Pricing should be about $5/person or less depending on what we have available. We will take a short 30 minute break during the show to have lunch.

Claiming Show:

Claiming Prices: $75 minimum/ $500 maximum, Silent Auction format. Bid increment 10%, minimum $10.

10% of final sale price is payable to the CA ECBC Group by the selling rancher/breeder, regardless if the animal is shown or not.

Made a typo! All animals entered in the show by junior breeders will count towards their junior breeder award, not just the top five.

Amber and I will not be setting up a table with fleece items this show, so please send me a PM if you would like us to bring something in particular to the show.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Wish I could join you Cali Girls -- one of these days!!! :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK and have fun!!!

Shahna, are you showing the "Might as well saddle her up" female again??? I'm pulling for her!!!

Is anybody bringing wood to the show? I'm very low on apple, cotton and willow rings. I'm mostly worried about my apple levels.

I will be there, likely with 6 animals, 3 of which are sapphires. :) Can't wait to see you all there!

One week left until the show. If you need dust, please send a pm. I am bringing three orders already.

Show Results

I apologize for such a delay in posting the results. I didn't write them all down at the show so I didn't want to post until I got the full official results!

Standard Show

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - Ridge Chinchillas Cage #28 (RIDG-Z4)
RESERVE GRAND SHOW - Nan Ebiner Cage #38 (NAN)

Class 1
Champion - #29 Ridge Chinchillas (RIDG-Z5)
Reserve - #9 Chinchilla Villa (CN-Z8)

Class 2
Champion - #38 Nan Ebiner (NAN)
Reserve - #22 Chinchilla Chateau (CCHT-Z3)

Class 3
Champion - #23 Chinchilla Chateau (CCHT-Z10)
Reserve - #3 Diamond Blue (B/B- Z298)

Class 4
Champion - #28 Ridge Chinchillas (RIDG-Z4)
Reserve - #24 Chinchilla Chateau (CCHT-Z20)

Mutation Show

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - #519 RDZC Chinchillas (RDZC-Z8) Black Velvet
RESERVE GRAND SHOW - #539 Nan Ebiner (RBS-T1465) Black Velvet

White
Champion - #510 Chinchilla Villa (CN-Z13)
Reserve - #517 RDZC Chinchillas (RDZC-Z12)

Sapphire
Champion - #501 Chinchillas QED (CQED-Z25)

Violet
Champion - #526 Ridge Chinchillas (RIDG-Z9)
Reserve - #518 RDZC Chinchillas (EBG-Z2010)

Beige
Champion - #522 Chinchilla Chateau (CCHT-X13)
Reserve - #520 Chinchilla Chataeu (CCHT-Z26)

Ebony
Champion - #514 Chinchilla Villa (CN-Z25)
Reserve - #504 Diamond Blue (B/B-X241)

Black Velvet
Champion - #519 RDZC Chinchillas (RDZC-Z8)
Reserve - #539 Nan Ebiner (RBS-T1465)

Breeder Awards
(Only junior breeder awards given at this field day)

1st - Chinchilla Chateau/ Sumiko De La Vega - 84 pts - 13 animals
2nd - Ridge Chinchillas/ Shahna Thomas - 76 pts - 12 animals
3rd - 4-Ever Chins/ Summer Hale - 39 points - 8 animals
4th - Chinchillas QED/ Cara Beasley - 34 points - 6 animals
5th - RDZC Chinchillas/ Tabitha Hong - 33 points - 5 animals

Congrats to all the winners! We had a small turnout but it allowed everyone to get a closer look at the animals and more hands-on experience, taking turns being behind the table with our judge, Maxine! I hope everyone in attendance learned a lot and if you have pictures, please feel free to post them!

Thanks for posting the results Sumiko! It was a fun show. A big thank you to our judge Maxine and to everyone that came to the show and helped out. See you all again in October.

Ryan, if it's the same weekend as last year, it will be the 22nd of October BUT we will need to discuss it at our annual meeting in June. It will be posted as soon as a date is set.

Sumiko - thanks for posting the results. Congrats to all the winners. Maxine did a great job.

Someone has to have taken pictures! I know Annie had her camera going almost the entire time and so did Meanie. I forgot my camera so no pictures from me except of the GSC at home.

Here are some photos I took with my phone.

Jackson!
98327a71.jpg

After much confusion (all on my end) I've discovered this is Cara's little fellow:
6902394a.jpg

9a4b93d8.jpg

509bf58f.jpg

138e4a9b.jpg

Back