Rescheduling Pick Ups.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a woman who said she will come get the small cage tomorrow at 6:30 on the dot, and she wants to look at the others as well. If she doesn't show up, I have someone that's willing to come and get the small cage as soon as e-mail as sent (or so she says) so maybe things are looking up <3

Muahaha! The woman came and got the cage, looked at my others, said she'd get back to me but sadly her hubby said they dont' have room for a big one now. I also gave her a run around plastic ball of death that came with the girls, I have no use for them.

Glad it's not just me. I admit I am never early and late a lot of the time but by late I mean 5 minutes. If longer than that I call. I've had someone come get a chin that was at least 45 minutes late with no call. I sold something on cl and the woman said she'd be here in 45 minutes, well she shows up an hour and a half later. The least they could do is call me and let me know so I'm not waiting around or know if I can leave. I think they'd be pretty mad if they drove 2-3 hours for a chin and I'm not home.

Ugh! That must have been frustrating!

It really is. We ended up just giving the TV to a friend because I was so fed up with the no shows.

Luckily I put up some PANR and chin toys on CL and the person who contacted me actually came and got it, on time. Gives me a bit of hope.

I have been known to tick some buyers off because if they don't show up when they say they will be here, I end up not being here... has happened before. One woman was 6 hours late and I was out at my son's hockey practice - she never called or nothing to say she would be 6 hours late.

She did call my cell while I was at the hockey practice, complained about why I wasn't home and I said, well maybe you should have shown up when you said you would, or called to cancel...so we ended up rescheduling for another time. She had to take a ferry over to pick up and I am sure it was annoying for her, but serves her right for not being where she said she would be.

I found it is better to not waste my day sitting around for people. If they are late and miss out, then that's their problem, not mine. Teaches them to be on time and be where they say they will be. I could care less what they think. I have a life that revolves around my family and myself, not one person coming to pick supplies up or something... I can't be expected to put my life on hold for one person who doesn't show up when they say they will. :rolleyes:

Well atleast we're not the only ones that have people say they'll be here and than not show up or even call.

We had to rehome a dog a couple years back and we had 2 people interested in her and one woman told us she'd come she her that saturday and she seemed so excited when we talked on the phone and that saturday came and went without a sign of this woman. She never called or emailed to apologize she just dropped off the face of the earth.

Another woman came and saw her with her daughter and they all got along great. The woman said she'd leave a deposit but ironically she just used her last check. So she promised to come get her that saturday or atleast call. So the night before I washed and blowdried and painted her nails and she was looking beautiful and again we waited all saturday and the woman never called or emailed. She did get back to me the next day and said they "forgot" they had an unexpected family outting so weren't home.

We had another instance where I had called a woman on some kittens she had for adoption. I talked to her for probably an hour about them and had made plans to go see them the following afternoon. Well the next day I call to say we were leaving and she didn't answer so I left a message saying to call when it was ok. I never heard from her.

I, too have had "no shows" and they weren't even all off of CL. I've gotten to the point that if they do not show and I don't hear from them that same day, I just move on to the next person (unless they have given me a deposit, of course).

Wow, I've always been really lucky with CL. I've also only ever sold electronics and furniture.

I do get so irritated with people when they don't show up and don't give any warning. We all have better things to do than sit around all day waiting for them! I try my best to be within 5 minutes and give people a warning if there may be a delay due to traffic.

What I hate is breeders who are bad at scheduling! I already know who I want to adopt from, and I've purchased a cage from them before ((I was 30 min early though so I guess that's on the same level as being late? Kinda.)) but I wanted to look around here just to see some chins but I've had two breeders that give me their numbers and the price of the chinchilla but never answer my emails/calls for visits! They offer them, but they NEVER go through with them. I do tell them that I will not be adopting that day, I just want to see their chins and see if I find something, but its annoying.

out of the last 5 people to come over 4 were more than an hour late. It is annoying I have a life too and right now I really can't be wasting time waiting. I have to make appoinments around wedding appoinments. but people seem to think I have nothing to do but wait.

I've had so many no shows. It didn't matter if it was "nice" free stuff I was offering on Craigslist, or people coming to pick up a chin they wanted.
I seen another breeders page once that requested a deposit to make an appointment. If they showed up they got their money back! Honestly after all the no shows I've experienced it sure is tempting! Don't bite the messenger, but as a breeder, I think some people look as if our time isn't worth as much as theirs. We do have lives outside of breeding Chins! OK done venting for now. :)

I feel soooo guilty. I was a 'no show' at my own house yesterday! Got tied up with things and forgot my phone. On the other hand, they told me between 4-5pm, and I was here by 5! lol.

They did drive back out though, very nice people.

I try to offer a 2-3hr window to clients. For Ex I tell them, I am available between 11-1pm etc. Then they can tell me what time in that window, they will be here. And some people still show up late. It can be frustrating. Luckily I have had only one no show

I'm selling my cage on CL, and so many people call and say they want to buy it but don't have the animal yet! What are they gonna put the animal in if they don't buy a cage first? I went through two cages before settling with my FN and I'm getting my chin Fri! I say first come first serve, you could always ask for a non refundable deposit, so if they don't show, they don't get it back, but if they do it could go towards what they're buying.

My other biggest peeve with CL is those peeps who email 2 seconds after I post with the "I gotta gotta gotta gotta have it RIGHT NOW!!" I then email them my address and 1/2 hour later get a reply of "ohhhhh your x amount of minutes away thats to far for me to drive" :bangdesk:UGH!! Why do these people NOT see that I post where I am located twice in the listing???
Now I only email my zip code and tell them you can come between this time and this time. If you do not show or cancel next person gets it. CL is can be sooooo annoying but I make some cash off it. I just seem to need more patience..:thumbsup:

OMG!! Right there!!! You nailed it!!! I always post that I live in Cochrane - which is 15 mins outside of Calgary. I get a lot of people who say "I want to come pick this up right now" - so I arrange a time and give them my addy then I get "oh wait you live out there??? I'm not coming" - What the hell?? can't you read? Where I live was right there the whole time!

I'm getting so bitter with no shows that I have almost given up with the idea of posting things online. I'm tired of going through so many emails and returning so many phone calls just to have it go nowhere! I have a life and I can't put things on hold - as far as I am concerned they need to do things by MY schedule!! They don't like it - whatever.

I like the idea of donating it to a shelter! That way you wont have to put up with these people :)

Back