Kiln dried pine at lowes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy wood for shelves at Lowes. Last year when I bought wood it was labeled KD pine, but this summer when I replaced shelves the wood was labeled whitewood.

Go to the lowes.com, do a search for either KD pine or kiln dried pine boards (be sure the store location indicated is the one closest to you, if not change it). To check accuracy of the search results for KD pine, find the size boards you want, click on the picture of the boards, scroll down a bit & you'll see 4 tabs, click on Specifications. It will tell you there if the wood is green or kiln dried or has been treated. Once you decide on the boards you want write down the Item number & the model and take them with you to the store so you'll know what to look for.

At Lowe's store here the KD wood and the green/treated wood are on different aisles.

Hey you're from my neck of the woods, kayzer! I get my wood from Kuhns Bros surplus outlet in Milton. They have decent selection at an also decent price. They will cut it to for you too.

Yeah I know exactly where thats at. I Knew they had a whole bunch of house hold stuff there, but I never knew they had wood boards there.

Also according to my lowes website, they say that they have the KD pine there and it's also listed under whitewood as well. I never did get a chance to go over to lowes, but tomorrow is my day off and I think it's time to set up and do the projects

I'm very excited! I got all my wood to start off with. Appearantly before this forum i never knew that white wood was the same as kiln dried pine. I love this forum! You guys are awesome!!!

have fun getting the hanger bolts in! lol. i did all mine by hand with pliers, without a drill, and it was a pain in the tookus. my hands were hurting for the rest of the day. then again, i did do about 9 shelves in one day, so that's 36 hanger bolts. ouch! lol.

i never knew that white wood was the same as kiln dried pine

haha i didnt either until i just read this. my husband and i figured out that lowe's has cheaper wood than home depot here. glad i know what to look for now. before i was getting frustrated cause i didnt find any KD Pine at either of them.

have fun getting the hanger bolts in! lol. i did all mine by hand with pliers, without a drill, and it was a pain in the tookus. my hands were hurting for the rest of the day. then again, i did do about 9 shelves in one day, so that's 36 hanger bolts. ouch! lol.

I had actually saw on the forum somewhere that you can use wood screws and fender washers. So that's what I got to try. I figured with the tight space I have now, having the hanger bolts and wing nuts hanging out would be dangerous for not them, but me xp Let's hope it works ^_^ I'm so excited

We use the wood screws and fender washers here. I like it better because I am not constantly getting scratched like I do with the hanger bolts and wing nuts.

I wasn't too sure of the size screw I needed and the fender washer so I ended up getting I think a 1-1/2" x 1/4 with a 1-1/2" fender washer and a smaller fender washer so the screw wouldnt fall through the larger washer. I think the dimensions are correct...I don't have them in front of me :hmm:

I had gotten it in the pine section of lowes. It was labeled as white wood but then was stamped with pine kd. I just looked closer at the labels

Back