bathing/washing a chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If there is no medical need, would you recommend regularly washing a chinchilla

• It is ok to bathe the chinchilla

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No it is not ok to bathe the chin

Votes: 68 89.5%

• Total voters
OR you could say you have discovered a new mutation! I'm sure people would love a white and green chin! Now, what could we call it... :hmm:

The Irish mute? :thumbsup:

I don't have any intentions of needlessly washing my chins in water either. They're just not meant for it. Not to mention, don't you run the risk of pneumonia due to water getting into their lungs? They don't know NOT to breathe in water.

I've water bathed chins before. But I would not do it "regularly" in lieu of dusting, that's just not right. Plus how does a normal person dry a chin? It would take forever with a blow dryer and you can't use heat or they'll overheat. When I've bathed them I use my natural air dog groomer drier.

I wet chin... is not a happy chin... see.
Dust is a must.

novawet.jpg
^^ Ack, that is so not chin-like. Poor thing looks defiled and humiliated; that's just not right. I'm scarred for life now. :cry3:

I don't even know how some of you people even manage to bathe a chin, heck, I'm lucky if I can contain any of mine long enough for a check over.

Back