cuttle fish bone

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlahBlah

I just baught some cuttle fish for my 14 month old chin and had some questions:

Should I even be giving it him (do you recomened it)?

How often do you give it (in a week, is it like 2 times a week for ten mintues or do you just leave it in the cage like a chew stone)?

Do you cut a bit off or give the whole thing?

And do you do anything about how powdery it is?

Thank youupee!

I would only give it if his teeth turn white. As long as his teeth are orangey/yellow then he doesn't need the calcium. A balanced diet should be providing that for him.

I have 1 chin who loves cuttlebone! I only give it to her every once in a while though. The powder, I just vaccuum it up when I'm cleaning up poops each day. And I just leave it in the cage. If I notice it looks yucky after a few days, I throw it away. They say you can attach them to the cage with the ones that come with that metal piece wrapped around them, but I can never figure out how, so I remove it.

I would only give it if his teeth turn white. As long as his teeth are orangey/yellow then he doesn't need the calcium. A balanced diet should be providing that for him.

Yep, I agree with tunes. I wouldn't give it unless he needs supplimented with calcium, and most normal adult chins do not. Excess calcium in the diet can lead to bladder/kidney stones.

Back