Personality change :-(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little blue woo's

This is my very first post, so bear with me, please. My Chinchilla Cherub (my oldest boy - 2 years old), he's been on a round of antibiotics for the last 2-3 weeks. He just finished his other anitbiotic and now he has a bottle of Baytril, he just finished his other bottle today. He gets Baytril 2x a day - 12 hours apart. The vet told me to continue the last bottle of Baytril until it's finished - which will take about a month.

Cherub spoiled me because he has always been attached to me, since I got him form his breeder. He was sweet, cuddly, and he would look for me. Since having to give him medications, he now runs and hides from me. He's not a biter, but he will now try to nibble at my fingers when giving him his medication. I am scared that continuing this, he will be shy and not want anything to do with me anymore but its for his own good. Has anyone dealt with this before? After his meds, if I just start from ground zero, will he bond with me again?

His brother (Waffle) who is typically anxious, has been more cuddly and looking for me more than he does now. Which before meds, they were the polar opposite of each other. Any advice is helpful. Thank you.

Back