Clever behaviors

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohhnyBishop

Hi All,
I hope you are well.
I think the cleverest chinchilla behavior I come across is when one of the bigger chins got stuck in the hay feeder head down and the other chins were showing distress to the owner to indicate that something isn't right and their fellow chin needs a rescue.

The other interesting behavior I found is when the owner is not in the room and they make some noise (not vocal but by jumping hard) explicitly to attract the owner's attention.

What chinchilla behaviors have you found interesting?
Best regards

Wow! That is clever! I love these animals!

Really enjoying getting to know little Fern, since she joined our family in June. She has become very clever in a hurry!

She makes a lot of noise around the area where her food bowl is, when it’s empty. She will also grunt from frustration at my slow response. As soon as I fill it, she eats and goes on with other business. I shouldn’t have nicknamed her Bossy.

I have to admit that my favorite behavior is when she gets the zoomies and popcorns because I am visiting with her. She is such a treat!

Back