Chewing, Chewing, and MORE Chewing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

peacelovepiphi

So, everything is going really well with my baby, Winky... but recently she has gotten really bored with her old favorite toys and I'm stuck on what to get her to chew on. Shes really loving my fingers right now (not that I allow it), and that is just not going to work, lol. I was wondering if anybody had any personal favorite toys that they would like to post on here?? I know they will get bored with them in time.. but I know all of us new chin owners are anxious to build up toys for the rotation! (or at least I am lol). Thanks!

Tay

What have you all tried?

For my girls, their favorites are:
lava bites
apple sticks
cottonwood sticks
any hanging toy for some reason
willow balls and wreaths

Our chinnies love, apple wood , willow balls (anything willow), bamboo shredders to name a few things.

I got some of the hangy toys.. she still likes those, but just to have laying around in her cage I was a little unsure.. since she is my first chin I just wanted to make sure the things I got were safe. I love her so much and I just didnt want to do something wrong by getting the wrong things to put in her cage! She isnt too fond of the plain blocks (made for birds) that my mother bought and sent to me.. either. but that might just be because they are colored, and she doesnt like the scent.

perhaps try buying a couple chew things for her from someone on here. There's a bunch of posts in the classifieds sections for everyone's shops. You can know that everyone on here is offering safe things.

I just saw that! thank you :] I guess I had a dumb moment when I was typing this up. . completely forgot about checking the classifieds first

Changing toys frequently often does the trick. If she gets some new toy, just take old ones out and let her have them after some weeks.

Clean and safe cardboard tubes (from toilet paper rolls etc.) seem to be quite fun. Just cut them as propellers or spirals before hanging in the cage.

Hey Taylor! Great to see you here! How is Winky doing? I hope well! My chins never like loofa, they love lava bites though, and of course the apple wood bark. Pumice, those bamboo shredders, and also anything willow is a hit. Same with grapvine wreaths and stuff with smaller area and more bark. She is still not full grown, so she does not have the full "chew power" yet. Lol.

Mine love apple wood, coconuts and anything willow! Some like loofahs, none of them like pumice.

My girls go crazy for anything with bark, or toys that they can hold vs the ones on the kabobs.

Back