Ronnie - 2003-June 19 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Dear old Ronnie passed away peacefully in her sleep this morning. I checked her around 6:30 and she was sound asleep, and when I checked her again at 8:30 she was gone. I am glad that she passed at home, where she was warm and comfortable and with a full belly. I am glad for her that she doesn't have to deal with blindness and arthritis any more. It must have been quite a surprise for her when she woke up and found herself young and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge! I hope she and Irwin are getting along... I think they would be good friends.

When I first got Ronnie almost two years ago, she had never had a wheel, never been handled, and was eating Cat Chow. She was dirty and scared. This is all I saw of her for the longest time:
ronnie1.jpg

Within hours of coming home with me, she had discovered her wheel and was running like mad. She wheeled every night for 10-12 hours, almost as though she was making up for lost time. She took well to eating her new, high quality kibble, and continued to eat it even after her gums grew down to cover her teeth. She even became quite friendly!
ronnie12.jpg

ronnie31.jpg

In the last few months of her life, she lost her sight and her arthritis started to bother her more and more. She spent almost all of her time sleeping, but was still as sweet as always when I would wake her up to feed her.
S6300440.jpg

This is the last picture I ever took of my sweet Ronnie. She was sleeping and just looked so happy and cute that I had to snap a picture. I'm glad I did. Rest in peace, my sweet Ronnie. Play hard, eat all the mealies you want, and be nice to Irwin. I love you always, my sweet old lady.
IMG_0089.jpg

I'm so so sorry to hear this. She had been through so much lately. It was just time for her to let this old body go and be free to run and chase mealies. God speed little girl.

I am so very sorry. She was so loved and happy, you can just tell. You did an awesome thing for her, you gave her a new life. She was very lucky to have you.

Sandi, I'm so sorry to hear about Ronnie, and I'm sure she found Irwin at the Bridge. Between him and Hemi, I'm sure she'll settle right in and settle in as the boss hog. Like I said in another thread, I'm so very glad that she chose to pass on her own and spare you the pain of making the decision for her. That was her final gift to you, and proof that she loved you so very much.

If you would like a memorial picture of Ronnie like I did for Irwin, please let me know. I would be glad to do one for you.

I am so sorry Sandi. Ronnie was very lucky to spend her last years under your love and care. She was a beautiful girl and I know how much you will miss her.
I'm sure my gang will show her the ropes over the bridge.

Hugs

I'm sorry for your loss Sandi. Ronnie will be greatly missed on this forum but I have no doubt that she passed very peacefully knowing her life was fulfilled in your care. Both Hector and Annabelle will definitely show her a good time over the rainbow bridge.

I'm sorry she passed away, but I'm sure she's feeling fine and continues to run like a mad girl over at bridge. Rest in peace Ronnie.

She was a very lovely lady....such a cute smile.

Rest in peace lil Ronnie xxxxx

Thank you everyone. I miss her a lot but I'm so happy that she's young and healthy now. I have a few videos of her on Youtube if anyone wants to watch them.

Ronnie enjoys a mealworm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJy8lMCaB5Y
Ronnie redecorates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grig25Zb7hA
Ronnie runs round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_9zUeKbhE

Sandi, I'm so sorry to hear about Ronnie, and I'm sure she found Irwin at the Bridge. Between him and Hemi, I'm sure she'll settle right in and settle in as the boss hog. Like I said in another thread, I'm so very glad that she chose to pass on her own and spare you the pain of making the decision for her. That was her final gift to you, and proof that she loved you so very much.

If you would like a memorial picture of Ronnie like I did for Irwin, please let me know. I would be glad to do one for you.

Thank you so much Courtney. That's very generous of you. I would love that. I have Irwin's picture where I can see it every day, and it always makes me smile. :)

No problem, Sandi... I'd be glad to. If you can, please send me some high quality photos of her and I'll put something together for you.

oh Sandi, I am so sorry! Ronnie was such an amazing lady - her strong will and determination were an inspiration to us all. I love her videos (especially Ronnie redecorates!) She was a tough cookie, but such a sweet and gentle soul. She had been through a lot, and found her happiest years with you.

Rest in peace sweet Ronnie - forever our "Sweet Old Lady".

OMG Sandi Im so sorry! I saw the title and didnt even want to open it. I know she is over the rainbow bridge eat her mealies with the rest of the gang. I think Aero had a crush on her when he was still around. So I know my stud muffin is up there with her searching for mealies.

Sandi, I am so sorry for your pain and loss. But for Miss Ronnie I am happy. She left on her own terms and peacefully. Think of the wonderful life you gave her. You gave her all the material comforts plus unending love and warmth and comfort. That last picture of her says it all Sandi. It is priceless. She looks to be in a complete state of trust and contentment. She is now with Irwin. You are a remarkable person Sandi and love beyond yourself. Miss Ronnie and little Irwin are certainly proof of that.

I am so sorry for your loss. I cried when I read your memorial. She had the most wonderful life after finding you and she knows how much you love her. I have to laugh when I imagine the state of the rainbow bridge after Ronnie showed up. They won't know what hit em.

Back