So Scared

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmander

I just noticed my Chin not quite as active as he was yesterday and when I got him out of the cage he has stayed on the towel I placed him on with a caked, red tinged nose. He's been sneezing a lot and rubbing his nose. Unfortunately living in a small town I have to wat until morning (it's midnight where I am now) until I can get him into a vet. He occasionally gets a bit more active when I wipe his nose, pet or check on him. I don't know what to do until them and I alternate between crying at being a horrible pet parent and trying to make him as comfy as possible. His ears are cold along with his fur and normally he's warmer. Any help would be nice. Thank you.

Chins needs a vet faster than ASAP, respiratory infections can be fatal in hours if there is not treatment. Get on the phone and start calling vets stat.

The only thing anyone on here can tell you is that your chin needs to see a vet experienced in chinchillas ASAP. Has he been eating? Pooping? Drinking?

Back