The Hedgie Stiff Arm... Times 4!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Ronnie has mastered the art of the hedgie stiff arm. If I'm trying to put something in her mouth or clean her up, she'll throw out an arm like a football player to ward me off. Now that she's on all kinds of yucky medicines after our blood scare, she's expanded her repertoire to include the stiff arm x4! When I bring the syringe anywhere near her face, all four limbs come up to push it away! I don't even know how she knows I'm getting near her face... she's blind, for crying out loud! I love my goofy girl.

Last edited:
This is so funny.. I have a blind girl that does this, but she's not a Hedge'kid. You just have to sneak up and be very quick ..their nose and ears are incredibly adapted :winkers:

LOL! I've been on the receiving end of that many times before, only they don't just give me the "stiff arm" -- they actually swat the syringe out of my hand!

She's talented, though, to know exactly where your hand is at any given time. Smart girl!

You might try wrapping her in a towel/blanket when giving the meds to prevent the arms from coming up.

Hahahaha! Satin does that too... with her right arm. But she can see it coming. I wonder how Ronnie does it? Maybe that's why she throws out all four paws to block. It's adorable isn't it? If only it weren't completely thwarting our efforts to help them...

Oh my! I just love these Ronnie stories! What your caring has done for this little girl since she came to you Sandi-well its almost unbelievable!!!

Back