4-H

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

My 11 year old daughter is already involved with 4-H for our horse and was wondering if there is a project book for chinchillas?

There are 4 books/booklets that go along with a chinchilla project that we used for my daughter before she was done with 4H, there are a variety of projects your daughter could choose depending on her interest:

"From Airedales to Zebras" Veterinary Science Project Guide Grades 3-5
"Small Animals Project Book" (4H 220)
"Small Animals Resource Handbook" (4H 220R)
"Small Animals Record Book" (4H 214R)

My daughter was in for a while and never actually wrote in the books she decided to show at MCBA events rather than 4H which isn't very active in our area, I don't know if you would be interested in them but the books look brand new.

ECBC has a 4-H program and many of the larger ranchers kids and grandkids have gone through the program. If you send me your email I can send you the form for ECBC membership where it explains the 4-H program somewhat but then you will probably need to get in contact with the national office to get her started in it.

Hi Tabitha

Thank you, I will PM you my email address.

In the meantime did you see the photos on Facebook of my new Lipizzan mare that was GIVEN to me! There is no way that I could ever have afforded to purchase her because she is of such exceptional quality. I am still pinching myself and am over the moon happy! She is the horse of my dreams and I can't believe that she is really mine! I never thought that I would see the day that this particular mare would actually belong to me and now she does!

I will have to take a look! I remember seeing a post about it, but I just started school on Thursday and spent the weekend cleaning up my house from remodeling a room and getting the chins ready for the OR show.

I sent you an email with the information you need. :)

Back