How to Burrito a chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
A lot of people have been asking for help on wrapping a chinchilla burrito style. I went ahead and took pictures of one of my calm girls demonstrating the burrito and how to get to the burrito. She is a very relaxed chin so she wasn't hard to burrito. I will see if I can get someone to take a video of me burritoing a demon chin.

Step 1. Procure hand towel and irritated squirming chinchilla.

Step 2. Put chinchilla's back against hand towel...like so...

0131101625_01.jpg

Step 3. Wrap one side of the towel over the chinchilla and tuck behind the chin. Make sure to keep all arms and legs inside the towel to avoid kicks and suicide attempt looking cuts from angry strong back chinnie feet.

0131101626_01.jpg

Step 4. Take now angry, spitting, hissing, demonic chinchilla that needs an exorcist and wrap the other half around before something nasty comes out of that towel. Make sure the chinchilla is wrapped snug enough that struggling will not release the demon but loose enough that you can fight to make them eat (because we KNOW you are an evil, awful chin parent!). Then...hope that looks can never kill...because I'd be dead right now and you wouldn't have this nifty tutorial.:impatient:

0131101626a_01.jpg

That last picture cropped should be your avatar. Because seriously? That's damned funny. hahaha :laughitup: Thank you for the tutorial, thats really fantastic.

You think that look is bad? Wait until she gets one of the demonic chins! I have a demonic chin, which when he is burritoed, I swear does the head spin.

lmao!!! Thanks for the tutorial and laugh. Comparing the first picture to the last is hilarious!

LOL thanks for the explanation!! I love these pics, they are just priceless!! :thumbsup:

:hilarious::hilarious:I''ve always wondered how to do it. Know I know. I think Shelly would do evil things to me if I did that to her. Thank goodness I have not had to do that to her. :rofl::rofl:

There's probably a lot of ways to do it... I personally do it the other way around. Place chinchilla with feet on a table or other flat surface. Bring towel up under chin, in front of legs. Snugly wrap around back of neck. Then flip chinchilla over if needed, while tucking edges of towel around body. I'd rather they weren't squirming while wrapping them. End result is similar :) The key is to get the front feet snugly wrapped in.

Great pictures :) I'll have to try it on the back sometime, see if it works any better/different.

Here is the promised video of a problematic chinchilla being burritoed. Her name is Seroquel and she'd like you all to know that she despises each and every one of you. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJiM_4XR3Hk

Also, please note that while I'm holding her I never squeeze. Even when she's struggling I just keep my hand still until she stops struggling. You never want to squeeze when burritoing the chinchilla. The goal is to keep the front arms immobile so that feeding is easier.

Yeah, I definitely tried to burrito Mikey, very gently, but he definitely doesn't want to go on his back...but I'll keep trying every once in a while just in case...you never know when you'll need to burrito
:wink2:

Heh. Masterfully done.

It might be worth observing that a nice feature of the burrito technique in the video is that its back is to the ground; if the chin squirms out during a failed burrito attempt, then it cannot fall anywhere. (This is due to the theory that one cannot fall off of the floor.)

Here is how I do it, just kidding! (pic from strange-1 deviant art)

Attachments

• mmmmchinchilla.jpg
    mmmmchinchilla.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 15
wow, i've tried burritoing my chin and she did not like it at all. But i didn't do it that way, now maybe next time (hopeing there's not) i can do it better.

Back