Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Health & Hygiene > Chin Veterinarian Listings > US - Veterinarians
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 AM United States
O.o

Chinchillas: 6+
Default Seattle Area EVet (Bothell)

My chinchilla needed an after hours emergency spay and this Bothell clinic was the only one that would take her. They were very experienced in small animal surgery and my girl and one baby made it through without a hitch. They don't care for dogs/cats and were very sensitive to chinchilla needs and had a quiet recovery room. They were very friendly even though I was neurotic with worry. 850$ for after hour spay + over night care. I'd go here again.

http://theexoticvet.com
The Center for Bird and Exotic Animal Medicine
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM United States

Chinchillas: 80+

Yeah, they are great, pricey but great. I had to take one of my females there last spring for a mangled foot, she got it caught in the wire ramp. She lost 2/3rds of it but is doing fine now. Soon I'll put her back into breeding. Great care here though.

Sue
http://viking-chinchillas.com
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM United States

Chinchillas: 7

Sue, are there any other good vets in the area that you can recommend?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Chinchillas: 25+

Avian and Exotics in Bothell and Kirkland are the only ones I have found to be Chinchilla knowledgeable for emergencies. Minor things like eye infections etc I have used Dill Veterinary Clinic in Milton. Or Jones Animal Hospital in Tacoma. I think there is also a good Chinchilla vet in Issaquah but I cant recall the name
Proud member of MCBA
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM United States
ZooKeeper

Chinchillas: 1

Anything recommended closer to the border? There is a vet in Lynden I would take my Chinnie to in an emergency, but Seattle is 1 1/2 hours away for me, longer in heavy traffic. I'm up north of Bellingham.

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened." --Anatole France
Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 PM Canada

http://www.rentonvet.com/

Dr. Kimber Brawley is also another really good vet in Washington state.

Very affordable, and he will keep his office open well past office hours for you, without charging you for an after hours visit. We liked him so much, we donated to his pet rescue charity since he refused to charge us for his waiting after hours just for us.
He waited 5 hours after closing, for me, earlier this year. He is really knowledgeable when it comes to chins in comparison with some vets I've run across over the years. He is extremely affordable too, he charged us 1/3 the price any other vet was willing to charge us for the same services.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 AM United States

Chinchillas: 80+

Yes, Caroline,
Normally we use Alpine Animal Hospital in Issaquah, Dr. Van is an exotics vet, I think that's who Claire is thinking of. There used to be one in Bellevue at Aerowood Hospital but he's not there now and also Snowood in Woodinville had an exotics vet but I haven't used them for a few years so double check with them. Alpine can handle most everything if you need emergency care. If it's more complicated though you may need to go to Bothell. I know it's a haul, it was an hour there and an hour back with our girl. We took back roads to avoid the traffic. I wish I knew more up north, but I don't, sorry.

Sue
http://viking-chinchillas.com

Last edited by Sue; 04-16-2013 at 12:44 AM.