Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin General Topics
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin General Topics Post chinchilla topics that do not fit in other categories here.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:50 PM United States

Exclamation

hello! I am in the same situation and bringing my pet chinchilla from Brazil so..

1. Is this inspection made only when the chin gets into the USA?

2. How was the security airport procedure (if it had one) about the chins?

3. Does this form have to be signed, submitted or approved by FWS? I just fill it out and that's it?

4. I live in NJ but I will be landing in NYC because flights from Brazil just go to that airport. Do I need to fill it up according to the place I live (putting NJ infos) because Ive talked to APHIS and they said that I should check state requirements about bringing my Chins but basically Im driving to NJ and once I get out of the NYC airport NJ state laws has nothing to do with chins. and the point is if in NYC airport we meet all the requirements to be free to go

4. Did you need health certificate?

Thank you so much I know its been I long time since you post this but APHIS, CDC and FWS still dont have clear information about chinchillas. They just push the job to someone else and Im looping around and getting nowhere with the vage information they release
Old 07-19-2019, 02:29 PM United States

Hello! I feel your pain: I recently moved from Europe to the US and brought my two chinchillas with me. I can't help with the specific paperwork (and this may be too late!), but I used a pet relocation agency that was absolutely super and took care of all the nitty gritty paperwork (it *is* really hard to find specific information about chinchillas). If it helps anyone, here is the link: https://www.petrelocation.com/