Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Classified Section > Chins Swap & Rescue
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chins Swap & Rescue Post chinchillas available for RESCUE here.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM United States

Chinchillas: 2
Default 4 Chinchillas in Moses Lake, WA need new home

do to our health my sister and I have been having difficulty taking care of our Chinchillas and have decided that it would be best to re-home them. between the two of us there are 4 chinchillas in need of a new home, they are all incompatible with one another. There are two standard color, one rosy grey one, and one white one with spots. they are between 5 and 7 years of age.
we feel as if we are unable to give them the time, attention, and care they deserve, and want them to find a good responsible forever home to take them, or a rescue that has room for them that can consequentially find them a forever home.
we did attempt to get a hold of the breeder my sister got her two from but she is not answering our messages.
the rosy grey one may need some vet care in the future, as I suspect that he is diabetic and I can not afford to take him to a vet right now.

we live in Moses Lake, Washington 98837, United States
I am Miranda Bird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Domovoi for rehome.jpg (41.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Raiju for Rehome.jpg (57.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Haltija for rehome.jpg (42.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Etrian for Rehome.jpg (40.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Chinmama; 07-30-2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: removed phone number
Old 08-03-2015, 05:49 PM United States

don't mean to be pushy but I really do need to find them a home as absolutely soon as possible as physical problems and allergies are making it so that I can not take care of them any longer. I do not want to take them to the local shelter or the pet store if it can be helped
Old 08-14-2015, 05:45 PM United States

better picture of Etrian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Etrian for Rehome.jpg (48.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 AM United States

if they don't find a home within the next week I'm going to have to take them to the local dog shelter, and hope for the best for them. I seriously cannot afford them any more, and my health is making it so I cannot care for them. I fear that because of my health they are being neglected.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:49 PM United States

okay so our local shelter doesn't take Chinchillas, what am I supposed to do with them??? I have tried flyers around town, I have tried chins and hedgies, I have contacted every rescue in Washington State that I can find, and NOBODY wants or can take these 4 chinchillas! I fear they are being neglected at this point because I cant go near them without an allergy attack! they are only getting a cage cleaning about once a month. Really they NEED a new home!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:56 PM United States

Chinchillas: 3

You can try contacting some breeders around you, one of them might be able to take them in. Christine from Twilight Chinchillas is in Spokane and may be able to help you get in contact with other breeders. She has a facebook page or she's on here as twilightchinchillas.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 PM United States

Chinchillas: 3

Have you tried any shelters in the surrounding areas? These (http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/WA139.html, http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/WA65.html, http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/WA175.html) look like they aren't too far away and it looks like they might take small animals.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:06 PM United States

I'm having to borrow money every month just to try to get through each month. I honestly can't afford a trip to Wenatchee or Yakima. Especially since I had to buy more chin food again cause I ran out. I would have to pay someone to take my Chinchillas and I there and bring me back. I can't afford the gas if I want to pay my bills
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 AM United States
Super Moderator

Maybe you could contact this person about them: https://moseslake.craigslist.org/pet/5184761072.html?

Most rescues have volunteers who may be willing to come to you to pick up the animals. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:48 PM United States

Thank you Chinmama, she cant take them herself, but she is going to see about helping me find them homes.
I have had a few responses to my ad on Facebook but they have all been people that I wouldn't trust to take them! people that want a cute pet for their toddlers, things like that. these are NOT suitable for toddlers, seriously!