Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Polls
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Polls Do you want to start a poll? Here's the place to do it.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 PM United States
Izzie Dizzy Minuit Pappy

Chinchillas: 2
Hedgehogs: 2

I saw on Craigslist that She was an ebony female so I tossed around names. I was thinking of just going with "Midnight" and calling her Mindy for short, but then I recalled French from when I was a young student, and thought Minuit was a pretty name.

It's pronounced Min-u-wheat but honestly I just say "Min-wee" lol. Mon petit minuit....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:12 AM United States

Chinchillas: 3

I am a huge geek and in love with Asian culture, so two of my three chinnies are named in other languages. My beige girl is named "Kana" after my favorite Japanese singer Nishino Kana. My ebony boy is named "Teemo" after a character from online video game League of Legends. Their daughter is named "Hana" for two reasons. One, hana means "one" in Korean and my fiancee is half-korean. Two, hana means "flower" in Japanese and she is as cute as a flower. I plan on getting a white mosaic male eventually and naming him "JeongMin" after my favorite member of the Korean boy band Boyfriend. It's amazing how well their names suit them, too!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 AM United States
Zombie Lurker

Chinchillas: 5

Misty got her name because she is the same tone as the sky right before it mists.
Dmitri had his name from a previous owner, I was gonna change it, but the owner made a typo in one of our emails and the typo just stuck :P

Benjiman got his name because I was avoiding anything that ended in an "E" sound like the dickens. (He still gets called Benji though…) Also, he was very dignified as a kit, like a friend I had.

Then I had my nature 3-pack
Thumbilina because she was the tiniest (She’s the largest now )
Eclipse because she was pure ebony (RIP darling)
And Oceana had something to do with Oceania and what sparked that name I cannot remember.

Also… I lost to my "E" addiction. It’s Misty, Dimi, Ben/Benj/Benji, Thumbi/Tiny Thumbs, Ekka and Ocean/Oshi.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:57 PM United States
Cuddling Extraordinaire

I don't know why I picked the name Rocco, I just liked it! A friend of mine named Furby because she thought he looked like a Furby
Dogs:
Sadie
Diego

And there's the cat, Oliver.

"Character is made by what you stand for; reputation by what you fall for."
-Alexander Woolcott
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 AM United States
LvL Chinchillas

Chinchillas: 20

Mine are simple invention. And if a name is masculine but good, it may go to a girl!

Lvl Chinchillas
Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM United States

Chinchillas: 3

When we went to the breeder to see all the chinchillas we wanted a mosaic or standard that wasn't show quality. Ebony was one of the last colors on our list but this little kit hopped into my arms and it truly was love at first sight. He also has an impressive pedigree if you've never had a pet with one. I wanted a dark name that was classy. As we were tossing names around Edgar came up and just fit.

His brother is named Oscar and is a mosaic. He's named after Oscar Wilde but honestly we just liked the name. We thought he'd be our last chinchilla unless we decided to show. Just to brag, Oscar is a reserve color champion after being a return pet

Our violet Jackie was at a show and had been badly beat up by a cage mate so he was never able to be shown. Sadly a cage mate that he was getting along with changed it's mind and so it was not the breeders fault. He was also so afraid at the show that we felt sorry for him. His full brother and sister took 1st and 2nd in their color but no one wanted him. We were realizing we were made for breeding so we decided to get him and be pet owners. We couldn't agree on an authors name so we thought of Jackson after Jackson Pollock but it wasn't right. After thinking of people I'd like him to be like Jackie Chan came to mind so we named him Jackie Chin. Oddly his personality has blossomed and he loves people enough that we can take him for visits at well arranged locations.

It's now been over two years since we've gotten Jackie and we love our three boys more than the day we got them.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 PM United States
chy1820

I name mine after their personalities. Sometimes it takes weeks to months to name them.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM United States
Shadow's mom

Chinchillas: 1

Shadow after his color (grey/black/white) and a dog in a movie that came out before I got him and Noel after the day I got him, Christmas Eve, Noel means Christmas.
Millie Hope
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 AM United States

Chinchillas: 1

After watching my chin hop around for the first time, I decided to name him Joey because he hops exactly like a baby kangaroo! (Called joeys).
Old 06-16-2013, 02:17 PM United States
LvL Chinchillas

Chinchillas: 20

I save names I hear and like.

Lvl Chinchillas