Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Polls
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Polls Do you want to start a poll? Here's the place to do it.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:45 PM United States

Chinchillas: 4+

One of mine ran in their wheel, in top of it. Needless to say she soon proceeded to fall off. Her cage mate then went into the wheel to run so she jumped back ontop of it and tried to run ontop again. She of course fell back off.

When they were younger, same pair, one was resting on their ledge half asleep. The other as bouncing around on the ledges then jumped to the bottoms this startled the sleeping chin so she fell off and went to the bottom of the cage which started the one who had jumped down originally.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:46 PM United States

Default chin vs. cat

The dumbest thing my chin has ever done was beat the craps out of my cat. They get allong just fine and sometimes the chin chills out on the cat but she got hungry I guess and bit the cats tail and the cat batted at her and her reaction was to popcorn and like kangaroo kick the cat in the face then off the wall and on the cats face again. Cat ran away and I guess was embarrassed
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM United States
Chinchilla maid ;)

Chinchillas: 11

Run into a wall or my chair I use for when they're out playing.
Owned by my chinnie boys: *Nibbler - standard gray. *Ramble - light tan. *Wiggles - white mosaic. *Morris - violet. *Scruffy - homo beige. *Leo - Ebony. *Jack - Black velvet. *Astro - tov ebony/ebony. *Orbity - Blue diamond.
Photos of my chins!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:43 PM United States

Chinchillas: 2

My chinchilla bandit used to come to the door for me to pick him up. Now he runs to the door to jump out of the cage or get caught by me! Aside that my other chinchilla bebe walked out of her bathhouse turned right kept walking and fell casually as if nothing happened...
Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 PM United States

Default Kamikaze chinchilla

I taught my boy to jump on my shoulder on command. Unfortunately at first when I was still using treats to train him this he thought whenever I opened his cage was the perfect time to superman onto my shoulder. Let's just say chinchillas don't fly well. Thankfully he didn't hurt himself, but he was rather stunned. He learned his lesson after this.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM United States

Chinchillas: 1

Recently I had to feed my chinchilla Dory some medicine out of a syringe, and she got a little on her face. Before I could get a napkin to help her wipe it off, she had already attempted to do so. The problem was that she drug her paw straight in the sticky spot, across her face, and into her whiskers, where it promptly got stuck. Panicked she overreacted and tried to pull it loose, stumbling around trying to get her paw unattached from her whiskers. I had just got the napkin when, her paw still attached to her face, she fell off her ledge.
Luckily she was on the bottom ledge of her small cage, where the ledge isn't close to even a foot off the ground. When I went to untangle her, wipe it off, and check to see if she was alright, I found her okay if a little peeved and offended. She only begrudgingly let me untangle her. Though for the next couple days she held a grudge and gave me difficulty feeding her the medicine out of the syringe. The whole situation really was my fault, and I'm grateful she eventually forgave me and let me feed her the medicine regularly again.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:43 PM United States

My chin's old cage was about 2 feet high, so I would keep her dust bath on top of it and she would have no problem jumping up there to bathe. Well I just got her a new cage that's over four feet high. I put her bath on top of it and forgot to take it down during playtime. I caught her climbing up her cage like a ladder to get on top. It's so funny that she knew it was up there and was willing to make the treacherous climb to the top!!! LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 AM United States

Bentley, my male chin, is pretty goofy at times. He loves to run around the kitchen and was popcorning sideways all cool and bad and ended up in the dog's water dish. Luckily there was only an inch of water, just enough to get his feet wet. His expression was hilarious as he sat stunned for a few seconds then bounced out.
Sometimes I'll hand him a pellet instead of a treat and he grabs it up to nibble. Once he realizes what it is he'll freeze then slowly hold the pellet off to the side and dramatically drop it.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:41 PM United States

The first day I received the ChinSpin my girls were all over it. Pip was hesitant but she is the thinker among the two sisters. She slowly figured out the ChinSpin by day two. Her sister, Squeak, on the other hand, is the one who learns her lessons the hard way. After she mastered the basic trot on the first day, she revved it up more than few notches while sprinting her hardest. She found out that just because you stop running, doesn't necessarily mean the ChinSpin will also. LOL. She ended up looking like a piece of rag in a front loading washing machine!!!! I wish I had that footage. She's been careful ever since.......
Old 05-27-2019, 01:10 PM United States

When my chinchillas were younger one of them would run on the wheel. Not in, but on. Balancing on the very top and spinning it underneath him

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk