Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Debate
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Debate Debate chin topics here - PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 AM United Kingdom

Chinchillas: 4 an

I live in the UK. I've just complained via email AGAIN to "pets at home" one of the uks biggest pet stores. my local one (Stratford upon avon) store has what looks like a very underweight male, I asked to hold him, and was right, boney. whether he's a young en or not i've kept an eye on him for weeks now as more pass through his cage and he stays. he hasn't grown in the slightest (he's distinctive, all the others are standard and he's an ebony which is rare for pets at home store)
ive seen bearded dragons missing limbs, royal pythons with heat burns, male chins with obvious hair rings all at this store.
the odd thing, is in the uk a breeder would charge 50-60ish for a pet quality standard. pets at home charge 120 for ill looking things.
its so sad.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 AM United States

Chinchillas: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by compchar View Post
the odd thing, is in the uk a breeder would charge 50-60ish for a pet quality standard. pets at home charge 120 for ill looking things.
its so sad.
I can only hope that people over there interested in chins, though the market, support the breeeders a lot more than the stores. Maybe then the UK could have an informed population of chin owners and it could flow over into the US.... *dreams*
Old 03-05-2015, 12:36 PM United States
Scooper of all the poops!

Chinchillas: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by compchar View Post
I live in the UK. I've just complained via email AGAIN to "pets at home" one of the uks biggest pet stores. my local one (Stratford upon avon) store has what looks like a very underweight male, I asked to hold him, and was right, boney. whether he's a young en or not i've kept an eye on him for weeks now as more pass through his cage and he stays. he hasn't grown in the slightest (he's distinctive, all the others are standard and he's an ebony which is rare for pets at home store)
ive seen bearded dragons missing limbs, royal pythons with heat burns, male chins with obvious hair rings all at this store.
its so sad.
At least in the US, that's considered criminal neglect. I'd call the RSPCA on them.