Scaly white spot on forehead

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchillin21

https://imgur.com/a/LvsdhVT

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what that is? I pulled at his forehead and a small part of it came off , underneath it is black and kind of lumpy I think. There is still some skin around it as you can see that I haven’t been able to successfully peel off yet although I’m not sure if I should just take him to a vet instead.

Please let me know if anyone’s experiences this before ! Really hoping its not ringworm/Fungus but it looks nothing like the pictures I’ve seen of that , no red spots or lost fur.

Keep in mind I parted the hear on his forehead for the picture to show it better.

This was a couple days ago and it’s more or less still the same.
I was told about blue Kote and just wanted to make sure it was 100% neccesary before I applied it (to avoid tinting his fur)

Thank you in advance.

It looks like a scab. It does not look like fungus. Use your blue coat. It works like Bactine or kind of like a topical cleaning solution. If you use a Q-tip, you shouldn't have very much mess. The discoloration won't last forever.

Back