where to get rose hips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knj102690

i am wanting to get some rose hips but dont know of a place to get them i live in louisville i wouldnt mind getting it off the internet but then you end up paying more for shipping then the product. Anyone know where i could get some?:hmm:

Do you have any Whole Food Co-ops near you? When I lived by one, I know they had the crushed ones. You pay more for them in the long run since they mark them up, but they do have them. If not that specific store, try organic type stores.

www.presentmoment.com go under bulk herbs. You can get them whole or crushed and by the ounce or pound. also they are organic. They have an actual store in minneapolis MN, I go there to get the herbs for a herb oat supplement.
I dont recall if they take paypal or if you want you can go on the classified section of the forum and buy from the people on here. most of them take paypal.:)

I get them by the ounce at Lhasa Karnak ..it's in Berkeley, CA ..and they have a site. I'm not sure if they have other stores, nationwide ..but if they do, it's probably on their site somewhere.

Even with the shipping I find them much, much cheaper on the internet. I initially bought them at whole foods, and the cost was outrageous.

Is it okay to use fresh ones, or need they be dried or somehow prepared? You might ask anyone you know who grows roses, as long as they don't use pesticides, if you can pick their rose hips. As a child, we'd gather them by the bucketful at the beach to make rose hip jelly, but that's one advantage of living in a coastal state - wild beach roses! I see them oft-times in places like shopping plazas or roadside spots, and want to pick them, but that's just an old instinct, as I have no chin to feed them to!

For herbalcom.com it is a fantastic website if you are buying in bulk. If you aren't, you will be charged $6.50 (I believe that is the price) for "shipping" no matter if you buy one lb. or 100 lbs. For one lb, you can order cheaper through someone on the forum. For 5 lbs, you can definitely get it cheaper off the website.

Thanks, I went back and checked. It is 6.25 s/h flat rate per order and they ship 3 day UPS. After ordering from Lonestar it seemed a really good deal. If anyone can sell rosehips cheaper, though, please contact me.

Thanks for all the input i will def. have to get it off here i went to whole foods here and they didnt have them. Where would you look in a store for them in the fresh or is it already packed?:)

Back