Ferret Nation Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.dante

I found a lady on craigslist that is willing to sell me her ferret nation for $125. The ferret nation is the two story but there is a problem. The woman took the bottem of the cage off or at least the shelf from what I understand. Im hoping she didnt mean that she took the wheels off and everything. Although I dont blame her reasoning. She said that one of her ferrets got its foot cought in the shelf or something on those terms. I got a little confused. I was wondering if this is a good deal. I was only planning on useing the top part and the bottem was gonna be used for storage, so i have my closet back. ny how is this a good deal and what can i do about the bottem part? Im not going to get it until tomarrow becouse thats when im supposed to get my tax check from the bank. Hopefully. :thumbsup:

Great news I got te cage. Its aswome and me and Dante are extreamly happy with it. There are only a few problems. One of the wheel have broken off, the trays are cracked and the bottem piece that can hold suff is missing. Im not to worrid about the wheel. Im sure I can find one at lowes for $2. As for the trays Im sure they can beglued and taped so the dont split anymore and i can jst cover them up with some fabric. No big deal for those two. as for the bottem rack. Im not sue what to do. Should i ask the company abut it? whould they give me a replacement?

Most people don't use the trays - they get pans made by Bass Equipment - I have 4 or so trays that are extra that I could sell you, but shipping would be difficult probably - I'm not sure about the bottom rack though. You don't have to use it.

For a hedgehog you don't really need the trays anyways. Get coroplast and cut to either fit the bottom perfectly or make it larger so you can fold it so you have sides.

For a hedgehog you don't really need the trays anyways. Get coroplast and cut to either fit the bottom perfectly or make it larger so you can fold it so you have sides.

would the lanulium tile work? we have a bunch laying around.... thought i might ask... I really dont want to change out the tray though. I usually have fleece down for dante. I just tucked the fleece under the tray that way he cant dig under it. Is that okay? by the way how would i make the top shelf hedgie safe with out costing anything? would a strip of card board work? it has to be easy and for accident prone people. my friends still wont let me play with a box cutter ( i cut the tip of my finger off last summer). oh well

If you mean the tile with the sticky back then no because the sticky would be exposed on the outside of the cage.

The tray will work but my concern with it was if a leg got down between the edge of the tray and the bars. The coroplast makes a much safer more secure floor.

I wouldn't just use cardboard for barriers. It won't last and won't be very sturdy. The ladder also needs to be covered to prevent legs going through the bars and it needs to have climb proof sides so hedgie can't fall off.

oh okay. hmmm what should i use then? I sort of liked being able to see him run aroud though at night. I didnt get to see that in the tommy 120.

Back