Selling chins known to carry genetic issues to other breeders

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that selling a chin that is sick or has a genetic issue is one thing but buyers can have many other reasons for seeking a refund. Let's face it they can change their mind, find a different one they like better later (maybe even cheaper), have buyer's remorse and the list goes on. I would always be willing to take back in ANY animal I sell for the animal's sake but I hate to sound pessimistic with regards to human nature but it is true. If someone complained about an animal I sold them I would be willing to offer a replacement animal but I think if you keep too open of a policy there is potential for trouble.

I once bought a nice young animal that I point blank told the breeder was intended for breeding. That is the key "young". It ended up growing up to be on the smaller side. I NEVER considered complaining to the breeder. I knew what I was buying and I took a chance. So either I re-sell it as a pet or pair it up with a nice big chin...simple as that.

Maybe it is just my experience being an Ebay seller for so many years talking but I have heard it all when it comes to reasons why people want a refund.

Back