ferret nation cage pricing and heating concerns

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chik_lets0715

I found a single level used ferret nation cage for $150, they are saying that they paid $350 new for it. In the picture it doesn't show the ramp and platform so I'm not sure if it comes with it or not. If it were you would you be offended if I offered $75 for it and sent links to both petsmart for $150 and amazon for I believe it was $139 and explain that is why I am offering $75. Just so you know I plan on putting chloroplast approx 10 inches up on all sides and if it comes with the ramp and platform I will be modifying it to make it hedgie safe.
Also if you have any advice on heating it I'd really appreciate it. My thought was that I'd put either fleece or flannel on the top and the three sides, if I do that can I secure the heater on the inside of the cage at the very top in one of the corners. Or is that too close and therefore dangerous to the hedgie. My house is kept at 21-22 C, but being new at this I'm concerned about how well the heater will keep the inside warm without losing too much heat. I know to get one of those ceramic heaters and a thermostat thing to regulate it.

They are full of it. You can get a brand new 2 level FN for less than $350 and that includes shipping. I would order a new one before I would pay anywhere near that for a used. I would definitely offer lower, but they probably won't accept it.

I see single levels on Craigslist for $80 so $75 would be fine. $140 would be brand new on Amazon and you get free shipping (in the US)

I got my critter nation here:

http://www.rabbitcagesource.com/fer...withstand.cfm?TID=MH154-1&source=hayneedleads

free shipping.

It has less spacing between bars. Ok with me in case I decide to get an STO someday. Hedgies love it and no issues. I got pans to go inside of it. The ramps have liners to be put on the to protect their little feet. I have the 2nd level on the lowest rungs so there isn't a big drop, you could probably hang a tube/pipe from lower to upper. I have the wheel on the upper level.

here in Edmonton, the FN's do retail at 300 (petsmart).

i would offer 75, while mentioning the cage doesn't contain all the parts it would have come with new. if they say no, say 100. if they agree, you're still getting it for 2/3 of what they want for it.

i've been cruising kijiji off and on, and used FN's rarely go for less than 200 around here.

Im bringing this thread back to life :)
Does anyone have suggestions for heating the FN cage? How would I go about doing so?

Other than maintaining the whole room at desired temp, I've seen posts where folks have hooked up one of the smaller CHE's and smaller lamps on the inside top of the cage. That makes me a little anxious (ie, what if it falls?), but I'd suppose it could be properly secured.
No personal experience with that though. I have a wire-top, plastic-bottom cage and just set the lamp directly on the wire top.

Back