Greedo's new cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyFett

Today I bought stuff for a new cage. I bought a 105 quart clear Sterelite bin with lid. I bought mesh screen so I can cut out the middle of the lid and cover it with the mesh that way the cage has a secure top since we have 2 Boston Terriers and we want Greedo and the Bostons to both be safe from each other. I bought some fleece for the lining of the cage and to make a snuggle sack. I bought a thermometer for the cage. The liners I made are a little too small for the cage but I figure the one I made will work for now. I have one of those small reptile heating pads under where his igloo is. My house stays pretty warm so I don't think I'll need a heating device yet. We bought all the stuff to make him a bucket wheel, that is getting built tomorrow and put in his cage. I bought him a pack of 4 little balls. They are the clear colored plastic ones and they are in the shape of a baseball, football, soccer ball and basketball, they are the ones in the ferret section at Petco. He also has one of those tubes he can hide out in. Oh and he also got an igloo. I do need to buy new food and water dishes because the ones he has now are easy to tip over and he loves to do it haha.

I think I might make a second level over half the cage over the top of the igloo. That way he will have a little more space once the wheel is in.

857ce687.jpg

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Looks good I just don't know where you'll put his wheel!! :)

Keep in mind that not all hedgehogs will use a second wheel. If you have the floor space, add a second container next to the first. I have an example on my website at: http://www.mihog.org/cages/index.phtml

The image of 2 tubs together was a setup I used for about 14 years. At one point in time, I had 2 hedgehogs living in a 4 tub condo. Lots and lots of space. Plus I really liked how I could put water on one side and should the hedgehog spill it they always had a dry place to sleep.

Back